Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-07-28, 04:42)Chuntzu Wrote: That sounds very similar to what I am doing with encfs, since I don't want to sync a local and a remote copy, just want to encrypt upload and delete locally and stream from the online storage. Am I able to do this with encfs or do I need to maintain some sort of specific directory structure locally in the mount points and not relocate those files elsewhere? Sorry not sure how to explain my question. Ideally i would mirror this to one or more other seperate cloud storage providers, but one step at a time I suppose :-). Thank you again for your time and hard work!

The encfs support in the plugin essentially passes the decryption over to encfs. So you need to have that configured, hence the target and source paths you provide, and indication if it is local or remote. It doesn't stream the bytes, caches in the encfs storage area, whether that is local or remote.

Like I mentioned before, I also played with providing my own encryption module in the plugin (where you provide the seed and decryption password), I didn't like the idea of having an encryption that didn't allow people to use other encryption tools to get the data into the cloud in the encrypted form.

I'm going to try to post a video demonstration. I'm still tweaking at the encryption options.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-07-28, 14:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12