Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-07-29, 15:38)Chuntzu Wrote: I would really like the video demo when you get a chance. Further testing with encfs yesterday I have a better handle on it, but none of the files will just play through the decrypted function I have to go copy to encfs and back out to the main menu head over to decrypted folder option and then play the downloaded file from there. Does that seem correct? Is that how the encfs function is supposed to work within the plugin? Thank you

When I was putting together demo files for a video filming, I ran into an issue.

My encfs configuration I have been using for years does seem to care if you move around an encrypted file to another folder. For example, if I have a file called fileA.mp4, if the encrypted form filename is J482jlfj2hl4021, it would be the same encrypted named regardless of what subdirectory/folder it is in. My plugin creates local folders using the ID name of the folder instead of the actual name (so it is unique as you can have folders name the same in Google Drive). So in a nutshell, my encfs doesn't factor in the full path when it creates the filename for an encrypted file.

When I created a new vanilla encryption for the video, I noticed that this configuration cares about the path. Meaning if I move the fileA.mp4 to a different folder, the encrypted name changes. So, again, in a nutshell, I completely understand now why it isn't working for you.

I need to make some changes to make this work for everyone.

Working on it.

edit: the term is called "Filename Initialization Vector Chaining"

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-07-30, 17:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12