Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-08-01, 05:20)guillaumesoucy Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 05:17)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-08-01, 04:51)guillaumesoucy Wrote: I just got the reason of the issue... I exeed the download quota of the file... I think Google is not the most suitable storage for me. I will invest instead into a dedicaded server.

How large is the file? Are you sharing it with other people?

I never encountered an inability to download or stream files. I stream and download videos up to 35GB in size routinely.

Its a 12 MB .mp3 file but I lets play it in repeat durings hours, the sound of the computer was turned off so I completly forget to stop the song. The file was not shared with others.

There is some discussion here about abusing Google Drive by downloading files too many times in a short period of time (although there is mention about content owner, or the original uploader, not being affected) -- http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16856...f-download Ignore the discussion on quotas as there is no quotas and the ones mentioned pertain to gmail only.

If you are linking the file from one account to another, and downloading it repeatedly on the second account, it could be blocked.

For Video files, you can stream video at the transcoding streams unlimited. I don't know if they provide an equivalent undocumented audio streaming API call (the video call is undocumented and doesn't work for music files, but I don't know if there is a hidden audio streaming equivalent)

My plugin has cache options that can be enabled. I should allow the user to allow for a special setting to download music automatically, assuming that people might want to play songs many times without streaming them repeatedly. Default behaviour in KODI is to toss cache out after the file has finished playing, so repeated plays refetch.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2015-08-01, 05:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12