Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2015-10-27, 21:29)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2015-10-27, 02:24)helidwarf Wrote: hey! thank you very much for the plugin! It's awesome!

I'm having a little problem with subtitles though, when I stream a .MKV video with embedded .ASS from google drive the subtitle does not show up, is there a way around this?

The google drive generated youtube video does not show the subtitle but the downloaded file definitely has it so is this my isolated problem or a known issue?

Thank you very much

EDIT: also I have noticed that if the video file has 2 or more audio streams with the gdrive plugin does not allow you to change it.

You can attach a subtitle file to a video in Google Drive so that it playback with option to turn on that subtitle by using Google Drive, navigating to the video and importing the subtitles to the video. It will playback via browser with CC option or KODI plugin with subtitle option.

Subtitles attached to the actual file won't be useable, unless the subtitle file is stored in the same directory in Google Drive as the video. In that case, it will showup as subtitles for the video.

I don't know of any way to allow for switching audio streams on a video unless you "make offline" on the video in KODI plugin. Then you'll be able to change the audio tracks during playback.

Ok thanks, I tried playing with it a bit and found out that if you stream the source as "original" you will be able to set the embedded subtitle and also switch the audio stream, most likely because this way you stream the actual mkv file while with other resolutions you stream a google encoded mp4 version which removes the subtitle file and only encodes the Track 1 of the audio files.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by helidwarf - 2015-10-27, 22:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12