Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
I am somewhat new to Raspberry Pi and Linux. I am trying to use an RPi to turn an old laptop screen into a digital photo frame. I store all family photos on a google drive sorted into yearly folders which are further sorted into dates or events when we were taking pictures to make it easier to find them later.

I would like to be able to set up the frame to run a recursive slideshow for the current year or two, or to select multiple folders of pictures. I would like the frame to automatically boot into slideshow and each night to reboot/reload photos from those folders in case I added new ones to the Google drive.

Eventually I want to add a motion sensor to kill the LCD when no one is around and possibly a gesture sensor to scroll through photos if one wishes to.

For now, I just want to get a slideshow running from the Google drive from more than one folder. I'm also playing with grive on Raspbian but that will simply mirror my folders and I'm struggling with getting it working as I'd like.

Basically, recursive slideshow and/or multiple folders slideshow are the options I would love to see in this add on for a photo frame. At any rate, thanks for the good work, and this is the only way I've gotten even a single folder slideshow running off the Google drive so far.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by 1310 - 2016-01-11, 01:01
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12