Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-03-01, 16:09)dmdsoftware Wrote: Does it fail with playback with cache (as with cache, authentication headers are not passed on as python does the downloading of the content)?
Playing with cache works, but it then doesn't download fast enough from gDrive. To clarify: it works, it starts caching, it starts playback. Once playback starts, it appears not to be downloading as fast as it should (and could) and after a little while it drops back to the Kodi interfaces with the file downloading.

During the caching period I see bandwidth use in excess of 50Mbps. Once playback starts, it drops significantly... with just occasional peaks but insufficient to keep on playback. Which at a certain point, stops and goes back to Kodi with "downloading" in the top right corner. Also, when this happens, download speed does not pick up again but keeps this "pattern" of slow speeds (and in Kbps) and occasional spikes to 30Mbps.

And... well, I tried caching with regular DVDPlayer... it starts right but then it slows down and playback doesn't even start. With both players it cached about 350MB of a very big file. In both cases it slowed down after, DVDPlayer simply didn't start. DSPlayer started (playing what was in cache) and then exited once the cache was depleted.
Here it is, happening on DVDPlayer: http://xbmclogs.com/pn0sgezqv

The only thing that works flawlessly is DVDPlayer with no cache use (using just the internal Kodi cache, appropriately incremented).

And, by the way, I asked nevcariel (developer of LAV Filters, used by DSPlayer), this is what he had to say about authentication headers: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=...ost1759110
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by ashlar - 2016-03-01, 17:19
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12