• 53(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-03-04, 02:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: Are you using the "continue downloading after player is user-stopped" in cache settings when it stops?
I'm gonna check now, I've never launched Kodi here since yesterday (I test on a different machine than my HTPC)... checking...

No, that option is unchecked. If there are specific tests you want me to conduct with this option, just let me know. Combinations of different settings, whatever, just let me know. Thanks!
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-03-04, 11:03)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 02:50)dmdsoftware Wrote: Are you using the "continue downloading after player is user-stopped" in cache settings when it stops?
I'm gonna check now, I've never launched Kodi here since yesterday (I test on a different machine than my HTPC)... checking...

No, that option is unchecked. If there are specific tests you want me to conduct with this option, just let me know. Combinations of different settings, whatever, just let me know. Thanks!

The behaviour you described is expected if you don't have that setting enabled. The download stops if you stop the playback.

Right now if you play+cache the file again, it will only playback what it has downloaded. I'll work on having it resume download.

Some followup on this.

Turns out KODI's File method doesn't implement the concept of appending to a file. I've dug into the method and it only understands write and read, not append. In python you have write, append and read -- you can also use write in python as append if you open the file in write mode and then seek to the end of the file to write. The write method in KODI actually wipes out the file when you open it in write mode, so you can't either append or seek-and-write.

I just tested by replacing the logic that would handle the append-to-file with python file i/o calls -- works perfect, I can resume a play+cache and it will pick up downloading where it left-off, and playback is perfect. So the concept works.

Only issue is that I can't use this python file i/o because if the user selects a non-local location for their cache (a location only understandable by KODI), then you won't be able to open the file. This would be the case if the user selects a network share or even a special:// location like user, tmp, etc.

So left with really 2 options here if user tries to resume a play+cache:
1) try using the python file i/o and hope that their location is local, otherwise restart the download
2) make a copy of the file and write to the new file (so if user has downloaded 2GB of a movie, it would create a duplicate 2GB file and append the resume download to that file).
FEATURE TEASE

Do you think are ready to take it to an all new level?

Decided to roll out the resume-download feature mentioned. It'll only resume if it is a local file and non-special file.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.41.zip

v0.7.41 (2016-03-04)
- add support for resume-download of files
v0.7.40 (2016-03-03)
- CLOUD_DB addition: md5/checksum
- fix: display offline in media list
I'll test it. But I agree with your choice. What would be the point of caching in a non local folder?
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-03-03, 08:53)finalmakerr Wrote: @dmdsoftware,

How are you feeling this days? Smile
By the way I notice the addon isn't available in Kodi's repo, why?

Feeling much better, hopefully stay that way. Thanks for asking.

So far the plugin is only available in my repository and my testing repository. Maybe someday it'll make it to the KODI repository.
(2016-03-06, 19:55)ashlar Wrote: I'll test it. But I agree with your choice. What would be the point of caching in a non local folder?

Lots of reason to cache to maybe a local samba share. Plus there are special user directories such as TEMP and USER that are local but only accessible via KODI.
(2016-03-04, 20:02)dmdsoftware Wrote: FEATURE TEASE

Always. Big Grin

Please, do expand on this.

On a related note... I think there's a serious need for proper documentation of all the functionalities. The whole library integration, for instance, is quite mysterious.
Ehm... now playback doesn't start. I select a file for playback, I see that caching starts... but I think that when it reaches the required percentace (as per settings) it stops caching and it doesn't start playback.
Logs to follow.

Log here: http://xbmclogs.com/p1q7ukbrb

Settings:

Never transcode activated
Force prompt for quality selection deactivated
Always cache for playback activated
Continue downloading after player is user-stopped deactivated

Caching stops exactly at 1% of the file (which is the setting I have in "Percent to buffer before playback".
(2016-03-07, 12:35)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 20:02)dmdsoftware Wrote: FEATURE TEASE

Always. Big Grin

Please, do expand on this.

On a related note... I think there's a serious need for proper documentation of all the functionalities. The whole library integration, for instance, is quite mysterious.

I agree. Need more documentation. I was going to document (and include demos walkthroughs) of the library integration when 0.8.0 is ready to be released (where the new changes being worked on are done).
Hi,

I just tried this add-on, and found all my mkv files in google drive was not shown in KODI, but mp4/avi files are OK. Does this add-on only support videos which were transcoded by google drive ?
-----
update:

I found the problem was caused by the missing file type in google drive.
As it is mentioned in post #587
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2119033

My mkv files are shown as "Unknown File" instead of "Video" in google drive. The files are uploaded with a upload tool, If I re-upload them with a browser, the file type will be shown as "Video", and the gdrive add-on can found them.

Is there a way to force gdrive add-on to read file extension, instead of using the file type judged by google drive ?
(2016-03-09, 12:37)dabinn Wrote: Hi,

I just tried this add-on, and found all my mkv files in google drive was not shown in KODI, but mp4/avi files are OK. Does this add-on only support videos which were transcoded by google drive ?
-----
update:

My mkv files are shown as "Unknown File" instead of "Video" in google drive. The files are uploaded with a upload tool, If I re-upload them with a browser, the file type will be shown as "Video", and the gdrive add-on can found them.

Is there a way to force gdrive add-on to read file extension, instead of using the file type judged by google drive ?

Are you using the testing branch? or stable? The fix for the missing file extension should work for this unknown video as well.
(2016-03-09, 15:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 12:37)dabinn Wrote: Hi,

-----
update:

Are you using the testing branch? or stable? The fix for the missing file extension should work for this unknown video as well.

With the testing branch(gdrive-testing 0.7.41), I saw the google drive 'getting started' file which has no extension is shown at the root directory, (but it is strange that this file was deleted and should be in trash.) gdrive 0.7.17 did not show this file at all.
But mkv/rmvb files are still not shown with both testing/stable branch.
Dear friends,

first of all, thank you very much for all the work you do. I am searching for possibility to play my music collection from Gdrive, and Kodi + this addon seems to be right way. But I am facing several troubles I am unable to pass even I have read through whole this thread.

Generally I found two possible ways how to work with Gdrive:

1) Playing music directly from Gdrive in file mode:
- playback works so far so good, but problem is, that folders are sorted by default "by track", which makes mess in play order, as the tracks are sorted upside down, and folder list is not sorted alphabeticaly. I can manually change order to "by name" which solves problems, but sorting is done just for actual folder, not aplied to subfolders. I am unable to manually sort all the folders with my songs, as there are thousands of those.
- problem might be solved by changing default sorting of files "by name" as default, but I cannot find any way how to do this

2) Playing via .strm files
- I have generated .strm files from my Gdrive music folder to the local directory. Exporting of strm files and directory structure is OK, the Kodi shows good structure. Problem is, that I can play only one song - no way how to add whole album to playlist, or how to add files to library.

Any advice on playing albums either one or second way correctly would be apreciated. Maybe I am just doing some stupid mistake.

All my tests are done with flac, mp3 or mp4 music files.
I confirm that song caching is not working with 0.7.41 testing. Song wont start to play
With 0.7.17, caching works unpredictable - sometimes song plays well, usually 1 song of the album is not played, and Kodi skips directly to second.

Thank you. Vit
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12