Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-03-14, 17:07)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 20:07)dabinn Wrote:
(2016-03-12, 15:55)dmdsoftware Wrote: It sounds like you have the load srt from same directory enabled in the settings. It was meant to search and load subtitles when the user doesn't have the title of the SRT the same name as the video.

So I need to rethink things a bit.

There are the following situations that need to be satisfied:

1) videofile.mp4 with videofile.*.srt (1 video per directory)
2) videofile.mp4 with language.srt (1 video per directory)
3) videofile.series.mp4 with videofile.series.*.srt (multiple videos)
4) videofile.series.mp4 with language.series.*.srt (multiple videos)
5) videofile.mp4 with videofile.*.srt in a different directory

The current solution works 1,2,3,5 but you need to toggle a setting (switch between 1/3/5 and 2) otherwise 3 and 4 will cause severe issues. Your solution will work with 1 and 3.

I think I really need a solution similar to yours that will drop the need for the user to toggle a setting to change the behaviour.

1. search all srt in the directory then sub-search for title.*.srt, if match, load
2. if no match in 1, and there is only 1 srt, load
3. if no match in 1 but there are multiple srt, user prompt to select
4. if no srt returned in 1, research all srt with title across account, if match, load

I think that will handle 1)-5) situations. Thoughts?

The reason for the decoding was unicode characters would appear as squares.

edit:
I realize now that I somehow dropped the logic that switches between the search for title vs search for all srt in folder (setting: srt_folder). I don't know how that happened.

In my experience, most video player handle subtitle file like 1) and 3)
1) videofile.mp4 with videofile.*.srt (1 video per directory)
3) videofile.series.mp4 with videofile.series.*.srt (multiple videos)
and they may additionally provide an ability to select any subtitle from any directory.

I think your 1~4 step is very good. I may consider not to search title across account, although it is fast with google API in my test( maybe they have built index or something). But I am still afraid if user had lots lots of file in google drive, it may takes too long time to wait for response. Searching in a user specified str_folder should be safer.

Can you test out v0.7.46? I've implemented behaviour for 1-5 without having to toggle a setting. I tested them with a few test cases and looks good.

http://dmdsoftware.net/repository.ddurdl...0.7.46.zip
v0.7.46 (2016-03-14)
- SRT - merge contribution by dabinn (dealing with TV series in a single directory)
- add ability to toggle caching of thumbnails and SRT on/off
- fix cache of SRT
- rework SRT logic
1) list of files (multiple languages) from the same folder that exactly match the title of the video
2) list of candidate files that are from the same folder but don't match the title of the video (if exceeds 4, ask user to select -- likely TV series or folder containing multiple movies)

Many thanks, I will test 0.7.46 later today. Smile
I am still testing on Unicode file name issue (File name in Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Japanese). Something is strange but I am not very sure right now.
If you are interesting in this, here is an .ass subtitle file with 3 Chinese words in the file name.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-IpAlZ...E2ZWc/view

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dabinn - 2016-03-15, 09:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12