Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-06-06, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 17:36)dmdsoftware Wrote: Any suggestions on best options for storing DVDs for streaming? upload the discs in file format (VOB?), package in iso, etc?
We tried some time ago and it appeared that gDrive had no problem streaming unconverted ISOs for Kodi to work on, if you remember. If that is confirmed, I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you could have one folder per DVD and inside have all *.IFOs and *.VOBs... that way it would prove usefule in case you need to play them without Kodi, on a player not supporting ISOs directly (but I'm not sure if then Kodi would be able to read it as it would need to access multiple files, I'm afraid it would fail... have a try, I'd say).

Yep, a few pages back we were discussing this. I'm wondering if the ISO is the best way to go. Will try it on a small test disc.

I do have some VOBs uploaded prior, and I noticed they are streamable and Google even makes transcoded copies available. I'm wondering if multiple audio tracks would work or if they would get lost. The VOBs I've tested either only have one track or at least only one audio track appears.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2016-06-06, 18:45
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12