Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-06-06, 18:26)ashlar Wrote:
(2016-06-05, 17:36)dmdsoftware Wrote: Any suggestions on best options for storing DVDs for streaming? upload the discs in file format (VOB?), package in iso, etc?
We tried some time ago and it appeared that gDrive had no problem streaming unconverted ISOs for Kodi to work on, if you remember. If that is confirmed, I'd say that's the way to go.

Or you could have one folder per DVD and inside have all *.IFOs and *.VOBs... that way it would prove usefule in case you need to play them without Kodi, on a player not supporting ISOs directly (but I'm not sure if then Kodi would be able to read it as it would need to access multiple files, I'm afraid it would fail... have a try, I'd say).

Tried again, I notice if I hit play it moves forward. Seems to be concatenating all the VOBs into a stream. I don't know what I was expecting... perhaps it would magically playback like if you were watching the ISO locally -- where the disc into loads, you get the menu, you select the chapter. It seems it just plays back everything as a concatenation. After hitting play, the disc intro plays, I get the disc menu (nothing is selectable), which I can either fast forward or let it play out and then it starts with the first chapter. The total run time is 11 mins, so I'm not sure if the entire disc would playback.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2016-07-07, 18:08
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12