Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-09-19, 14:21)user321 Wrote: That's fantastic - thanks.

With 0.8.06 on Windows I still get srt files. See:

Code:
PS C:\users\Me\gdrive-movies> Get-ChildItem -Filter '*srt*'

Mode                LastWriteTime         Length Name
----                -------------         ------ ----
-a----       16/09/2016     16:07            142 Bellflower (2011).En.srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:07            139 Bellflower (2011).srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:06            135 Cracks (2009).srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:14            140 Powder Blue (2009).srt.strm
-a----       16/09/2016     16:13            144 Sixteen Candles (1984).srt.strm

but what's odd is that it's only a really small number. I have way more srt files than that. I haven't checked on LibreElec with 0.8.12 as I just find Linux much harder to use.

Anyway I just installed your testing repo, and it automatically updated the Gdrive plugin to 0.8.13. Manually deleted all downloaded .STRM files, and opened the plugin again. Straight away it said "building STRMs". I'll let it run and see how it goes, but two quick pieces of feedback:

1)
C:\Users\Me\strm\movies
---> SW_DVD5_Win_Pro_10_64BIT_English_MLF_X20-25557.ISO.strm

I guess it's detecting all ISOs as movies? Smile

2) I have a folder called 'Learning' with lots of video training in there. So now I have hundreds and hundreds of things like this:
C:\Users\Me\strm\movies\
---> 0101 What are vector graphics.mov.strm
---> 0102 Path and appearance.mov.strm

which of course are not movies either. Perhaps we can set a list of folders to exclude from automatic stream creation?

The automatic STRM creation works by using change tracking. It would be inefficient if I needed to start traversing up the parent tree of a change record. Lot of web calls. It might be better idea to exclude generation of video-other files (those that cannot be classified) in the automatic STRM creation process -- after all, they won't import as movie or tv show, and creating them is futile. The benefit of communicating that these files to match tv or movie gives the user the ability to update the file (such as rename it), and that would be picked up automatically, and then it would/should be filed in the correct spot.

The ISO is showing up because I have to treat them as video files to allow those that are saved dvd rips to show up.

I think some of your SRT files are showing up because they might be classified as video in Google Drive (I've seen this before). Not a biggie. I thought I had filtered them out completely but there might be a spot where they are still sneaking through. Will look for the leaky hole.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2016-09-19, 15:31
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12