Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2016-12-11, 03:39)SEIKT Wrote:
(2016-12-11, 01:45)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2016-12-10, 18:10)SEIKT Wrote: Hey dmd, I have a script on my google drive that automatically creates STRM files for video files when they are added. How difficult would it be to include a feature that syncs STRM files from nominated google drive folders, storing them locally? I relied on google sync apps when using android, but have now transitioned to libreelec.

Will attempt to learn Python and create a google sync addon for Kodi if the above is too time consuming to code.

I was working on some functionality to save NFO and STRM directly to the google drive and then allowing to sync down on the clients this directory. When i was testing around on a few systems (MAC and Linux), I guess my movie collection, which is only a modest 8.5k movies, was causing problems (too many NFO/STRM files for KODI to import into movies). I decided to abadon trying to import into KODI and started work on code that would export data to spreadsheets in Google Drive, and use the Google Drive plugins on the clients to load the media info. I had posted a teaser video the other month what it looked like.

It wouldn't' be to difficult to enable that code I had written to handle the syncing of a directory (just STRM files or STRM files with NFO+JPGs). Is that what you were looking for?

Lol, I can see how 8.5k STRM files might cause Kodi to have an aneurysm. Yeah that's pretty much what I'm after. My first Kodi sync of STRM files consisted of only 100 movies, worked well. I've been using the Watchdog plugin to automatically update my movie library when a STRM file is synced.

Should mention I have STRM files located in two separate folders. One folder for TV Show STRMs and another for Movie STRMs. If you can accommodate that, would be greatly appreciated.

Multiple folders shouldn't be an issue. It shouldn't be an issue activating KODI to scan for new library entries either (there is a function and I was expecting to implement it). The only onus on the scraping is that the user sets up the folder as a media folder and tells KODI what to expect in it. After that, any updatelibrary call on that directory from a plugin should get it to scrape new files into KODI automatically.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2016-12-11, 15:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12