Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
Thanks for this plugin. It's amazing. Literally plays better than locally stored files (sometimes).

I'll add my voice to the chorus saying that many files will now only transcode to 360p, which is mildly annoying (though they still work untranscoded, and for my purposes, high def + 360p covers about every use). Hopefully it's just a transient change, and not the new normal.

I'm currently running the testing version (0.8.37), and trying to figure out the best way to get from GDrive -> a nice, beautiful Kodi library. I know this is very much a Work-in-Progress in the plugin, so I'm just being impatient, but here's what I've tried:
Manual strm creation works great, but it is slow (only 5-10 minutes for each of my movies/tv shows directories, but that's enough to be annoying, since I have to start it manually). This plus a manual library update is what I'm using now.
The '<testing - manual run of change tracking build STRM>' command works well, too, (super fast, can sort the output by recently added items, which is convenient). Unfortunately, some files are so disastrously sorted that I think it would be impossible to massage it into working. I assume this is due to problems with naming on my end (and not being able to set certain directories to 'exclude' status).
The Google Apps Script from ryanjerskine on github looks promising, but I haven't managed to get it to traverse my whole collection yet, since it only runs in 6 minute bursts.
The cloud_db spreadsheet also looks promising, but I haven't figured out how to get it to populate the [cloud: library] section (I assume this is just not implemented yet).

Now, I know I'm asking for things that probably don't exist, but: is there a way at this point to get things that are added to google drive to automatically add to the kodi library? Alternately, is there a way to get the [cloud: library] function in the gdrive plugin to populate? (Related: is there something I could be doing with the spreadsheet.tab files that are spit out by the strm creation process?)

Or maybe none of it is possible at this point, in which case... it's still totally amazing. Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by makkonen - 2017-04-19, 03:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12