• 89(current)
Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2017-07-04, 09:45)audioce0 Wrote: Big fan of Gdrive, works perfect and nothing wrong. Just kinda wondering if you have any new features/updates planned soon? Thanks

Actively working on better encryption options (better streaming options, options other then encfs). Then it will be working on the library integration (better creation of STRM including scheduler).

I have more time coming up in next two months which should help push these along.
Excellent news. Taking an awesome addon and making it better. Thanks man.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003
Is it possible to access your videos in Google Photos? Since Google Photos allows unlimited video storage, I have put my videos in there.
(2017-07-09, 15:35)cccmaa Wrote: Is it possible to access your videos in Google Photos? Since Google Photos allows unlimited video storage, I have put my videos in there.

There is a settings in Google Photos to add Google Drive access support. Then you can access the videos in the plugin.
I just bought an FireTV Stick during the Prime Day to make one of my TV's "smart".

Then I thought, Kodi and this PlugIn I could use a GDrive. My actioncam videos are becoming more and more while my storage is diminishing way to fast. Instead of buying more local storage I wanted to outsource it to GDrive, so I could access all over world.

Is there a way to access a GDrive with encrypted data (Videos, Photos), using the FTV Stick?

Thanks for your guys support!
(2017-07-11, 15:09)neik Wrote: I just bought an FireTV Stick during the Prime Day to make one of my TV's "smart".

Then I thought, Kodi and this PlugIn I could use a GDrive. My actioncam videos are becoming more and more while my storage is diminishing way to fast. Instead of buying more local storage I wanted to outsource it to GDrive, so I could access all over world.

Is there a way to access a GDrive with encrypted data (Videos, Photos), using the FTV Stick?

Thanks for your guys support!

There is encfs which has been in the plugin for some time. It is limited on devices that don't have encfs support. Also has some limitations pertaining to streaming.

I've developed crypto encryption support and currently testing it. Working fine for me on various devices. The device just needs to have crypto python libraries installed. Need some time to document the process for an end-user. There is already a decryptFolder.py and encryptFolder.py included in the add-on folder that can be ran to encrypt entire folders, which you then upload to google. I'm been testing a streamer class that you can run on any internet server that will make your encrypted content viewable from a private web server (so you don't have to use KODI plugin or download+decrypt to view your content).
First of all, thanks for your quick response.

So, basically I would have to encrypt my data using encfs then the Plugin would be able to decrypt, right?
To be honest I don't know yet whether the FTV Stick has encfs support or not. Do you have further information regarding this and what would the current limitations related to streaming be?

Your last sentences sound great. Looking forward to see it implemented in the Plugin.
(2017-07-07, 02:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 01:27)vassagopc Wrote: It's a paid account.

It is possible to play alle the files in file mode; if a start the add-on manually, I can choose any .mkv and play it without problems.

Not sure what you mean by alle the files in file mode.

- i open the video-addon/gdrive
- i select the active account (at the window where u can see "enroll" etc.)
- it logs in to my gdrive and i can browse through the folders i have at gdrive, can select a video name.mkv and it starts to play it without any failures.

Sorry for my bad english
(2017-07-14, 11:08)vassagopc Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 02:52)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-07, 01:27)vassagopc Wrote: It's a paid account.

It is possible to play alle the files in file mode; if a start the add-on manually, I can choose any .mkv and play it without problems.

Not sure what you mean by alle the files in file mode.

- i open the video-addon/gdrive
- i select the active account (at the window where u can see "enroll" etc.)
- it logs in to my gdrive and i can browse through the folders i have at gdrive, can select a video name.mkv and it starts to play it without any failures.

Sorry for my bad english

You can right click on the video file or on a folder of video files and "export to STRM" and it will create files on your disk. Then you can use File browsing in KODI to select a STRM and playback.
(2017-07-11, 21:35)neik Wrote: First of all, thanks for your quick response.

So, basically I would have to encrypt my data using encfs then the Plugin would be able to decrypt, right?
To be honest I don't know yet whether the FTV Stick has encfs support or not. Do you have further information regarding this and what would the current limitations related to streaming be?

Your last sentences sound great. Looking forward to see it implemented in the Plugin.

The Crypto implementation is what will work better for you on your FTV.
Hey dmd, took a stab at using your encryption but I've hit a bump.

This is the command I've entered into shell:

$ python encryptFolder.py saltfile saltpass /home/user/crypt/source home/user/crypt/target

but it returns this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "encryptFolder.py", line 27, in <module>
encrypt_dir(source, target)
File "encryptFolder.py", line 23, in encrypt_dir
encrypt.encryptFile(source + '/' + file, target +'/'+encrypt.encryptString(file))
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects
(2017-07-14, 14:09)SEIKT Wrote: Hey dmd, took a stab at using your encryption but I've hit a bump.

This is the command I've entered into shell:

$ python encryptFolder.py saltfile saltpass /home/user/crypt/source home/user/crypt/target

but it returns this error:

File "encryptFolder.py", line 27, in <module>
encrypt_dir(source, target)
File "encryptFolder.py", line 23, in encrypt_dir
encrypt.encryptFile(source + '/' + file, target +'/'+encrypt.encryptString(file))
TypeError: cannot concatenate 'str' and 'NoneType' objects

Which device is this? Seems encrypt.encryptString returns None because the modules fail to load. I thought crypto is fairly standard, especially in linux. On all my Debian Jessie installs, I never had to install the crypto module -- even on my VPSes, I don't even have PIP installed to do so.

try:
import Crypto.Random
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
import hashlib
ENCRYPTION_ENABLE = 1
except:
ENCRYPTION_ENABLE = 0

Can you create a test.py with the following lines and see what the error returned:

import Crypto.Random
from Crypto.Cipher import AES
import hashlib
print "hello world"

I also noticed while looking at the code, I haven't updated it with the latest encryptFolder that is recursive (I have it being tested in another repository). I'll update it today (but that won't fix your issue).
(2017-07-14, 14:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Which device is this? Seems encrypt.encryptString returns None because the modules fail to load. I thought crypto is fairly standard, especially in linux. On all my Debian Jessie installs, I never had to install the crypto module -- even on my VPSes, I don't even have PIP installed to do so.

A dedicated server running Ubuntu 16.10.

Went straight to the test file and this is the error message that returned:

File "delme.py", line 1, in <module>
import Crypto.Random
ImportError: No module named Crypto.Random

---------------------------------------

Module installed. Working.

--------------------------------------

Created the test file on a LibreELEC device. Ran without hiccup.
(2017-07-14, 15:28)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-07-14, 14:42)dmdsoftware Wrote: Which device is this? Seems encrypt.encryptString returns None because the modules fail to load. I thought crypto is fairly standard, especially in linux. On all my Debian Jessie installs, I never had to install the crypto module -- even on my VPSes, I don't even have PIP installed to do so.

import Crypto.Random

Which python crypto library do you recommend?

On the ubuntu, can you try:

apt-get install python-crypto

I'd like to know if that does the trick.

LibreELEC is debian at it's core. There must be a standard debian package that makes use of PyCrypto, for it to be already installed on all the Debian devices I've encountered.
(2017-07-14, 16:21)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-14, 15:28)SEIKT Wrote:

import Crypto.Random

Which python crypto library do you recommend?

On the ubuntu, can you try:

apt-get install python-crypto

I'd like to know if that does the trick.

LibreELEC is debian at it's core. There must be a standard debian package that makes use of PyCrypto, for it to be already installed on all the Debian devices I've encountered.

I jumped the gun and installed the module the long way.

The issue is no longer present after installing the module.
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12