Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2017-07-17, 09:11)SEIKT Wrote:
(2017-07-15, 13:37)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-07-15, 06:40)SEIKT Wrote: dmd, you da fking man.

Streaming encrypted files works great. Tested it on an Android Marshmallow TV box in case you were wondering.... it doesn't work. Guessing Android isn't pre-fitted with crypto libraries.

Yes, on android, the modules need to be copied over. Some discussion here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224442

I haven't tried it myself yet. It would be nice if the KODI install included them by default.

Here is an easter egg. When you've played something in KODI, you can stop it and then open up a 3rd party video player and navigate to the url http://localhost:8012/play (or whatever port you defined in settings), and the content will playback there. Tested in VLC. Also works from browsers (except for some reason chrome with encrypted content -- not sure if it is just the media codec or an issue, I see chrome making repeated calls, and there is no errors. Chrome will work with this easter egg with non-encrypted content). Once all the issues are worked out, it'll be a handy alternative way to view and play encrypted content outside of KODI (I'm making the plugin stand-alone).

Sounds wicked. Looking forward to it.

Some issues I've encountered streaming encrypted files include:

Marking STRM's as watched feature does not operate with encrypted files. Works great with non encrypted files.

Resume support both local & cloub_db do not function with encrypted files.

Do you mean watching STRMs as watched for cloud status or local?

Local resume seems hit and miss when I test. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Whenever I'm ready to debug, it works. The odd time I'm trying to playback something with a resume point and not setup to catch the debug, it doesn't work. So this may take some more time. Cloud resume is not tied in yet.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by dmdsoftware - 2017-07-20, 15:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12