Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2017-08-06, 15:38)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-08-05, 20:32)SEIKT Wrote: Nice work dmd. Of the 10 videos I tested, all were marked as watched. I even encrypted that TV Show that we were discussing and now that gets marked as watched too.

Is resume meant to be working in this version? The prompt to resume appears with the correct playback time but videos still play from the start.

From the investigation, the vast majority of time by the time the first packets of the playback has decrypted and started playback, KODI's seek forward doesn't make it to the player. The seek call is made before the playback has started.

Two ways around it.
1) I can add cloud resume points for crypto so the seeking is handled by the plugin itself when you have cloud watch/resume setup (I assumed this was already working as it does for non-encrypted content, but I wasn't getting prompted)
2) make a fetch to the KODI db and check for a resume point and prompt the user if they want to skip to it if the plugin detects the playback started earlier then the resume point. In this case, if the user is avoiding to use a resume point, he purposely selects to start from the beginning, he will be asked a second time if he wants to use the resume point.

Interesting. Can a slight delay be added to your streamer to allow the user input to reach the player in time? If this is out of the question, I'd go with option 2 for a few reasons that I can think of off the top of my head:

1. Improved reliability - If your net cuts out during playback, the video will stop and the resume point won't be saved to the cloud. This won't be an issue if resume support is local.

2. Privacy - since we are doing this encryption thing, it would be best to preserve our incognito activity. There's the unlikely chance of Google going through the spreadsheet and connecting the dots.

3. Usability & convenience - easier for noobs to setup the local resume system.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by SEIKT - 2017-08-06, 16:29
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12