Release gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on
(2017-11-22, 17:34)dmdsoftware Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 15:25)klesk Wrote:
(2017-11-20, 01:46)dmdsoftware Wrote: Thanks for testing.  I'll work on the issues you identified.

The never_stream = true is now fixed among a few other things:
 v0.1.1 (2017-11-19)- fix never_stream = true- add support for secure login for /, /list, /kill (to enable, run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db username username_to_create and run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db password password_to_use)- add "passthrough" mode (to enable, run dbm_setup.py ./gdrive.db passthrough true)- start work on settings- decode language codes into strings https://github.com/ddurdle/Python-Google...-0.1.1.zip
Ok, here is a short test report of the new functions
  •  credentials seems to work for /, /list, /kill with clear browsercache.
  •  with never_stream = true, only the playback of mp4 files seems to work, mkv doesn't work. On palemoon it loads endless, firefox states unsupported mime type (tested on localhost and server). Though, with passthrough enabled, i am able to download the mkv files, mp4 files still work with passthrough enabled. It takes a noticeable  longer amount of time to load.
  •  with never_stream = false mp4/mkv files playback like before, with very fast loading. When i enable passthrough with never_stream = false i only get a white window when i try to playback a file.
  •  sometimes the following error msg occurs, but doesn't seems to have noticeable effect on the running application.
Code:
----------------------------------------
Exception happened during processing of request from ('91.32.141.207', 40276)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 596, in process_request_thread
    self.finish_request(request, client_address)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 331, in finish_request
    self.RequestHandlerClass(request, client_address, self)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 654, in __init__
    self.finish()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/SocketServer.py", line 713, in finish
    self.wfile.close()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 283, in close
    self.flush()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/socket.py", line 307, in flush
    self._sock.sendall(view[write_offset:write_offset+buffer_size])
error: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
----------------------------------------

Seems that the MKV issue is related to HTML5 not supporting it -- https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2119...eb-browser

That is why we get a download prompt for MKV with passthrough=true+never_stream=true (to force playback of original).  What is interesting is that if you don't use passthrough, it plays back (the MKV files I tested).  That's because when I let the plugin handle the streaming, it passes back the video type of MP4 even though it passes the video in original form (MKV).  Can you also test this?  It might be the case that as long as the audio and video codecs are supported by browser, the container really doesn't factor in just as long as the containers "looks like" MP4.

Also interesting, with passthrough=true+never_stream=true, if I load the plugin through Emby Server, it works.  So either the the Emby Server is intercepting and modify the container type to MP4 (which I don't think it is doing) or it's HTML5 player supports MKV natively which would debunks the HTML5 doesn't support MKV.

The nuts of it, I don't see this being a hurdle.  It will just be a matter of which way to implement the workaround best.   

Great work. I can confirm that the multiple user problem seems to be resolved.
With what kind of browser do you test with ? I tested 3 different ones and had different results.

passthrough=false, never_stream=true
- Pale Moon, Firefox still fail like before.
- Google Chrome on Android works
- MPV ( mediaplayer ) also works

The application pass back the Content-Type: video/x-matroska.
If you wish i can send you a sample of a "nonworking" mkv file, but i think, the only solution for FF and the most other browser will be to use a external application like vlc, mpv etc.
I am not familiar with Emby Server and how i can load the plugin through it, but i will take a look at it.

Messages In This Thread
u - by Kraevin - 2015-05-13, 17:37
RE: [RELEASE] gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on - by klesk - 2017-11-22, 23:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
gdrive - Google Drive Video/Music Add-on12