Android XBMC on Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7.0
Hi there,

I have installed xbmc as described on the website.
The only problem is it doesn't show any images.
So the screen is black and i only see the text. No play button or what so ever.

Anyone know a fix for this problem?

Thnx
Hi, same issue as on this thread here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171714

Hoping devs may pick this up. Don't believe any solution yet Huh

Perhaps a mod could merge these threads? Suspect there will be more and more of us with this issue on these tablets...

I think early days still for xbmc on android but would hope that someone can get this to work!
My issue is a little different than what I've been reading online. I have the tab 3 7" ATT version. I can get the XBMC Android version downloaded and installed but then when I try to configure it with fusion, it doesn't work. I even tried adding on the separate add ons manually with no luck.
@steeb thnx for the info

@thomasbtorres thats strange. Do you see background images?
(2013-11-21, 23:33)igregnl Wrote: @steeb thnx for the info

@thomasbtorres thats strange. Do you see background images?

Just the normal blue XBMC background
(2013-11-10, 00:54)steeb Wrote: Hi, same issue as on this thread here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171714
Have you tried the nightlies?

The only log available in the other thread is for Frodo.
XBMC on Android has gone a looooong way since frodo...
hi i have the same problem on the galaxy tab 3 7.0 is there a fix for this as of yet... i have it running on other samsung devices without any issues?
Hi boorat.

I don't think this has been fixed even with the soon freeze to come on Gotham.

As Koying asked have the Gotham nightlies sorted this? In answer no. I have been trying the nightlies to see if things work for me now. But to be fair I don't beleive the few of us with these 7 inch tablets have provided any logs. I just haven't had the time. So I guess the answer is until one of us with this tablet runs a Gotham nightly and provides a debug log then it won't get fixed!
(2013-12-05, 01:01)steeb Wrote: But to be fair I don't beleive the few of us with these 7 inch tablets have provided any logs. I just haven't had the time. So I guess the answer is until one of us with this tablet runs a Gotham nightly and provides a debug log then it won't get fixed!
Absolutely!

Sorry to be blunt, but If none of you think it is worth their time to provide a nightly log, don't expect us to spend time trying to "guess" what your issue might be.
(2013-12-05, 09:22)Koying Wrote: Absolutely!

Sorry to be blunt, but If none of you think it is worth their time to provide a nightly log, don't expect us to spend time trying to "guess" what your issue might be.

@ Koying yes you are being blunt. But I cannot see why you would be sorry for it. Far from it straight down the line. I am not in a bug hunt provider position at this point in time except to back you up that really what is needed is logs!

If anyone out there has this tablet and has issues? I don't think this bug is fixed in Gotham but until logs come in the devs will not even know there is an issue.........
Hi guys i thought id let you all know i had the same problem with the black screen but i got it working with no root at all! Its a 7 inch tab 3 all i did was unistall it then go to the settings on the tab and allow hardware acelaration in the devolper options in settings on the tab. I reinstalled the standard frodo and it works flawless.... Any way thought id let you know i dont know if it was fluke bit ive unistalled it and installed it again and yes it still working. Thats with a standard samsung no root etc. hope it helps. Let me know if it worked for you. I didnt use a nightly

(2014-02-04, 14:46)darren180913 Wrote: Hi guys i thought id let you all know i had the same problem with the black screen but i got it working with no root at all! Its a 7 inch tab 3 all i did was unistall it then go to the settings on the tab and allow hardware acelaration in the devolper options in settings on the tab. I reinstalled the standard frodo and it works flawless.... Any way thought id let you know i dont know if it was fluke bit ive unistalled it and installed it again and yes it still working. Thats with a standard samsung no root etc. hope it helps. Let me know if it worked for you. I didnt use a nightly

Sorry i ment what i did was force gpu rendering its in the devolpment options

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC on Samsung Galaxy Tab3 7.00