New version of MPlayer for DVR-MS (ASF)
A patch has now been committed to mplayer that resolves the jerky playback problem in all the SD recordings I have. It doesnt work on the only HD sample I have though but I should have a fix for that in the next patch I submit to mplayer.

If anyone has any HD dvr-ms samples they'd like to share for testing purposes can you let me know? Short samples can be posted to the mplayer ftp site I believe.

Also, let me know if you want the patch that's been applied already to mplayer, which I think will be ok since most people are presumably only playing SD content with XBMC.
it's allready applied. thou i've got reports that image quality is worse than when we were using ffmpeg demuxer.. thou better to have sound.

if your patch new patch is accepted, i'll update our mplayer version as soon as possible.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

The new patch was accepted by mplayer last weekend. If by 'image quality' you mean jerky playback then this new patch fixes it but only for non-HD content.

I'm working ona subsequent patch that should impove things even more including seeking.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=110...tcount=114

not exactly sure what it is he means.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New version of MPlayer for DVR-MS (ASF)0