• 9(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
I'm using the includes method actually. Wink

Also if anyone else needs it I found a site to make the code URL safe -

http://quick-encoder.com/url/

PS Massive thanks for all help over the last few days and also for this fantastic addon.
My apologies, Ithough I'm certain (or I was until you said you're using the includes method) that only the Gotham-method launches shortcuts like that. If you're really seeing that in the log, it's worth double-checking you're not mixing methods (you wouldn't be the first, not even the first this week), otherwise post a debug log.
I'm using RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=buildxml&mainmenuID=9000&levels=0) in skinsettings and home.

Here's a log -

http://pastebin.com/mqyE9jTZ
But I can see from the log you're using (something along the lines of)

Code:
<content>plugin://script.skinshortcuts?type=submenu&amp;mainmenuID=9000</content>

to actually fill the lists - this is the Gotham method. For the includes method, you'll want something more like

Code:
<content>
    <include>skinshortcuts-submenu</include>
</content>

to actually make use of the includes that the script is building Smile (two in 48 hours, must make documentation clearer!)
Doh!

Thanks again.
Found a bug.

If you make a new main menu entry and select a default action the label will be automatically filled but the resulting .shortcut file will use the localized number for it's name instead of the actual label. This in turn stops any sub menu items from showing up. If however you select the auto-filled label and re-type it the shortcut will be named correctly and the sub menu will show up.

Thanks.
(2014-06-19, 16:53)Hitcher Wrote: Found a bug.

If you make a new main menu entry and select a default action the label will be automatically filled but the resulting .shortcut file will use the localized number for it's name instead of the actual label.

It's actually behaving as expected up to here - this is the labelID system in action. The script doesn't know what the item will be labelled in the various languages the user may choose, so it identifies the menu item by the localised number instead (or for certain cases, movies tvshows etc, just to make things easier.) it means the submenu for, say, Sets, will be the same regardless of the local translation.

Details of what labelID you'll get for a lot of menu items are in the %/Resources/labelID.txt.

(2014-06-19, 16:53)Hitcher Wrote: This in turn stops any sub menu items from showing up.

Obviously this isn't what's expected Smile When you say it stops items showing up, what exactly do you mean? If you mean it's not automatically linking to defaults you provide then that would be correct as the labelID isn't what you were expecting. If you mean that you then edit the submenu, but nothing shows up when the menu is built and you're back ag the home page, then yes - a bug.

(2014-06-19, 16:53)Hitcher Wrote: If however you select the auto-filled label and re-type it the shortcut will be named correctly and the sub menu will show up.

More accurately, the labelID becomes based off what you've typed because the label is no longer localised. Smile
Quote:If you mean that you then edit the submenu, but nothing shows up when the menu is built and you're back ag the home page, then yes - a bug.
This is what is happening for me.

Create main menu items from defaults, add sub menu items, return home and there's no sub menu.
*looks sidelong at Team XBMC members to work out how much trouble he'll get into if he tries to get a fix for the issue Hitcher has found onto the repo just days after an update was pushed*

I'm not in a position to put a fix onto Git right now as I'm babysitting tonight, but one of my testers has just confirmed this and thinks they've worked out the problem - when the labelID is numeric, the subemenuVisibility property (which is used to help decide which submenu items to show) is also numeric and is getting translated by XBMC into its localised string so the stringCompare used by the submenu isn't matching.

I'm sure this used to work (indeed, I'll test an older XBMC tomorrow for my own curiosity), and can only apologise for it getting through onto the repo Sad I'll fix it tomorrow.
No worries, at least it's not me going mad!
I've pushed a potential fix for this to the repofixes branch but - as it's all been done via remote desktop - I haven't been able to test it at all - not whether the code even works, let alone if it fixes the issue. Could you let me know if it's worked? Cheers.
@Hitcher - have you had chance to check whether submenu's not getting linked to main menus until they've been renamed is now fixed? Cheers.

@sualfred - I've finally set up a Windows VM, and my tests indicate that the fix I put in for the YouTube video download folder are working as they should. Any chance you could re-check (especially as only half the fix was ever on master until I pulled it in from the repofixes branch.) Cheers.

Any other problems I should know about before I try to get the fixes onto the repo? Smile
okay, will test it tomorrow Smile Germany vs. Ghana atm Tongue
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
Cheers, enjoy the match!
(2014-06-21, 21:10)Unfledged Wrote: @Hitcher - have you had chance to check whether submenu's not getting linked to main menus until they've been renamed is now fixed? Cheers.

Did a quick test and it looks good to me.

Thanks.
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8