• 15(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
To be save, how about to add a thumb/icon setting value to the overrides.xml?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
Sound: Saxx AS30 DSP - Beyer Dynamic Custom One Pro 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Server: i3 Skylake - 8GB - OMV4 - 22TB Storage
I'd need to think about that some, before implementing a thumbnail override. It's a lot more work to enable overriding thumbnails, and I'd want to be sure it couldn't be used to override any thumbnail set by a user with button 305. If I can do that in a sane (in terms of code) way, I'll do it.
I don't see a need for a complete own thumbnail override feature. An optional setting (eg <useDefaultThumbAsIcon>true</useDefaultThumbAsIcon>) should do it for my needs. Won't this be the easiest way to implement it?
Main: Lancool II Mesh  - Ryzen 9 5900x - MSI x570 Unify - Zotac RTX 3080 AMP HOLO - 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 -  EVO 960 M.2 250GB / EVO 940 250GB / MX100 512GB /  Crucial P1 2TB / WD Blue 3D Nand 2TB 
TV: Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro- Adalight 114x LEDs - Sony 65XG9505 - Kodi / Emby - Yamaha RX-V683 - Heco Victa 700/101/251a + Dynavoice Magic FX-4
Didn't understand what you meant Blush Yes, that should be doable, and relatively easy. Leave it with me.
Sry, the usual language barriers of a non-native EN speaker, always the same Wink

Btw, I'm done implementing your add-on for managing main-menu,backgrounds,widgets etc. I didn't found any other missing things or any issues. Great work dude.
I'll be sure to check out your updated skin as soon as I have chance Smile
(2014-07-14, 14:20)sualfred Wrote: Hey mate,

I'm providing an icon override for the YouTube plugin and it's correctly set to menu item, but it the overrride will be ignored because the plugin thumbnail will be written as a <thumb> value to the item.

PHP Code:
<item id="17">
            <
onclick>ActivateWindow(10025,"plugin://plugin.video.youtube",return)</onclick>
            <
label>YouTube</label>
            <
label2>Video Add-On</label2>
            <
icon>backgrounds/bg/yt.jpg</icon>
            <
thumb>image://C%3a%5cUsers%5csebastian%5cAppData%5cRoaming%5cXBMC%5caddons%5cplugin.video.youtube%5cicon.png/</thumb>

<property name="labelID">youtube</property>
            <
property name="group">mainmenu</property>
            <
property name="submenuVisibility">youtube</property>
            <
visible>StringCompare(System.ProfileName,Master user)</visible>
        </
item
Doesn't ListIem.ActualIcon work or you?
(2014-07-14, 18:13)Hitcher Wrote: Doesn't ListIem.ActualIcon work or you?

Yup, would work. But I'm using the icon overrides for fallback images in the WMC like main menu of my skin. This menu has "real" thumbnails, which can be replaced with the 305 button by the user. If I use AcutalIcon, the custom thumbnail wouldn't work anymore and the <thumb> value would be ignored.
It's me again Wink

Inside my management dialog, I have toggle buttons to enable hubs for specific single items (movies/tvshows/music/watchlist). These buttons are only visible if one of the menu items is focused in container 211:
PHP Code:
<control type="radiobutton" id="351">
                        <
width>550</width>
                        <
label>$LOCALIZE[31819]</label>
                        <
onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(hub.episodes.enabled)</onclick>
                        <
selected>Skin.HasSetting(hub.episodes.enabled)</selected>
                        <include>
dialog_Radio-alt</include>
                        <
visible>StringCompare(Container(211).ListItem.Property(labelID),tvshows)</visible>
                    </
control

But if a user is going to change the label of one of that items, the labelID will be also changed. Is there any reason for this? I thought the labelID is used to identify the shortcut and it's fixed.
If this is behaviour is required and cannot be changed, how could I identify a specific shortcut even a user has set a custom label?
Hello again Smile

The labelID is just an unlocalised form of the label. If the label changes, so does the labelID.

The 'skin shortcuts' way of doing this is with a custom property via button 404. So you just let the user assign a hub to the shortcut. Custom properties are one area that do need improvement though (actually the improvement is almost ready) - at the moment you need to show a custom window for the user to set the property in, then send a click to button 404 to set the custom properties of the current item.

Actually, give me an hour or two and I can probably unhook the updated custom properties from other not-yet-working-properly changes (they can now work similarly to widgets and backgrounds - define your choices in overrides.xml, and the script will let the user select from them) if that sounds easier and you're willing to help test it...
Take your time. In the meantime, I will do some less important stuff like cleaning, changing the bad car battery, shaving or what ever ;P

But, I think an additional property (eg: <property name="defaultLabel">movies</property>) could be useful if a skinner wants to identify a item by its default label. Should be easy to be implemented and we can add various setting buttons to one specific shortcut without using the overrides.xml (example: Weather -> Enable conditional weather backgrounds + set path to the background folder).
I'm not quite as convinced it'll be easily implemented, but I'll certainly look into it. I can see a couple of issues with it, though - first off, its default label in what language? Or do you just mean a labelID that doesn't change with the label? Presumable, then, it has no link to the action - I replaced my Weather option with a custom action to run a custom cleanup script, which would now always have the weather options...?

Second, just how many conditions are you going to program for, and how are you going to differentiate between an original label of "Title" (or "369" quite possibly) for movies, for tv shows, for music videos - or will these only work with the menu items from the "Common" group?

Perhaps linking your hubs to the action/displayAction would be more suitable for your use case?
(2014-07-15, 12:46)sualfred Wrote: Take your time. In the meantime, I will do some less important stuff like cleaning, changing the bad car battery, shaving or what ever ;P

But, I think an additional property (eg: <property name="defaultLabel">movies</property>) could be useful if a skinner wants to identify a item by its default label. Should be easy to be implemented and we can add various setting buttons to one specific shortcut without using the overrides.xml (example: Weather -> Enable conditional weather backgrounds + set path to the background folder).

I second this, to be honest I though that's what the submenuVisability label was for, I thought that was a default label based on the menu function so if your main menu item opened TV Shows this label would always be tvshows, no matter what you changed the label of the button (and so labelID) to say.

I'm always happy to bow to pressure so, as I say, I'll look into it. I reserve the right to say "I told you so", though, if it causes problems you weren't expected Wink

(Sorry, I've tried to unhook the new custom property code from the new localisation code and, well, it basically doesn't work without it. Hopefully it'll all land this weekend.)
(2014-07-15, 12:56)Unfledged Wrote: I'm not quite as convinced it'll be easily implemented, but I'll certainly look into it. I can see a couple of issues with it, though - first off, its default label in what language? Or do you just mean a labelID that doesn't change with the label? Presumable, then, it has no link to the action - I replaced my Weather option with a custom action to run a custom cleanup script, which would now always have the weather options...?

Second, just how many conditions are you going to program for, and how are you going to differentiate between an original label of "Title" (or "369" quite possibly) for movies, for tv shows, for music videos - or will these only work with the menu items from the "Common" group?

Perhaps linking your hubs to the action/displayAction would be more suitable for your use case?

I would just need it for the common group items and your provided labelIDs can be used (movies,tvshows,weather,settings....).
With this property, I'm able to move settings directly to the management dialog instead of placing them in skinsettings.xml (eg: enable Artist Slideshow for music, disable lyrics ..).

Edit:
Would also need it for the optional and required shortcuts ^^
I think keeping the orignal label for labelID or add it as property defaultID would be the best way. This opens a lot of options for us.
And an additional shortcut to set a custom item with an custom action would prevent users to override - like in ur example - the weather item.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8