• 39(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-08-08, 20:26)ronie Wrote: i somehow ended up with a script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file in my skin (Transparency!) even though i have no skin support for this addon. what probably happened is that i started kodi with a skin that does run this addon, than switched to Transparency! and when the addon finishes to run it saves it's stuff to the current skin instead of to the skin that triggered the addon.

Hi Ronie,

Thanks for discovering and reporting this issue.
You're right, it's a timing issue... We'll fix it asap.

https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh.../issues/38
(2015-08-08, 03:07)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 16:42)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 13:38)Citrus Wrote: Anyone else having a problem with adding a shortcut to the music addons folder?

No, working fine on my testsetup. What is the error you're experiencing? Any errors in your Kodi log file?

I don't see any error on the screen. It shows that I created the music addons shortcut in the settings menu and then when I go to the home screen its not there at all.
This is my log file output:
http://pastebin.com/ES4NX1N9

Is this lof file helpful? I would really like to be able to have a shortcut for music addons.
How do I backup\export my shortcuts? I want to move my menu to different pc,
script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file was not enough, the menu appear for few seconds and then return to default... what else I need?
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
There's more info stored in the userdata folder.
(2015-08-09, 07:42)tomer953 Wrote: How do I backup\export my shortcuts? I want to move my menu to different pc,
script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file was not enough, the menu appear for few seconds and then return to default... what else I need?

You need to copy the folder addon_data\script.skinshortcuts
Ok Ill try later, thanks.

another one:
there is a way to assign default value for custom property, but not for a specific one, default for any new menu.
Code:
<overrides>
    <propertydefault labelID="movies" property="description">Browse your movies</propertydefault>
    <property property="description">Browse you movies</property>
    <property property="description">31234</property>    
</overrides>
I saw this in the readme, but this is for "movies" and I want to make a default for all menus...including new ones.
and there is option to remove the "none" option from the choose property dialog ?

actually when I think about it, if there no option to do so, I can use Vars to force my default, but just asking
(2015-08-09, 02:20)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 03:07)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-04, 16:42)marcelveldt Wrote: No, working fine on my testsetup. What is the error you're experiencing? Any errors in your Kodi log file?

I don't see any error on the screen. It shows that I created the music addons shortcut in the settings menu and then when I go to the home screen its not there at all.

Is this lof file helpful? I would really like to be able to have a shortcut for music addons.
I resolved my issue with creating a shortcut to music addons by manually editing the shortcut that was created. When using the Choose Shortcut wizard to choose the Music Add-Ons folder I looked at the action which was ActivateWindow(Musiclibrary,Addons,return) I manually edited to be ActivateWindow(Music,Addons,return). Does this mean it's a bug with the skin or with the script?
(2015-08-11, 04:11)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-09, 02:20)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-08, 03:07)Citrus Wrote: I don't see any error on the screen. It shows that I created the music addons shortcut in the settings menu and then when I go to the home screen its not there at all.

I resolved my issue with creating a shortcut to music addons by manually editing the shortcut that was created. When using the Choose Shortcut wizard to choose the Music Add-Ons folder I looked at the action which was ActivateWindow(Musiclibrary,Addons,return) I manually edited to be ActivateWindow(Music,Addons,return). Does this mean it's a bug with the skin or with the script?

ActivateWindow(Musiclibrary,Addons,return)
is a legit command... works great for me.

b.t.w I update the addon to the recent version from git, and saw the new button 312 in the last update - what a great change, saved me a tons of code with custom widgets path...
Big like.
I also found a little bug, missing Label.
Choose Widget (312) -> Add-on -> then select one of the bottom items: Video Add-ons,Music Add-ons (items)
the label of them will be blank: Property(widgetName) ...
I updated to Isengard recently and I wanted to select a new skin. But when I choose a skin that uses the skinshortcut addon I get an error message: "skin shortcut error". And in some skins (Arctic) I don't see the menu items.

When I watch the log I see:

Code:
15:30:37 T:3440   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py", line 600, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py", line 57, in __init__
                                                datafunctions.UpgradeFunctions().upgrade_labels()
                                              File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\datafunctions.py", line 881, in upgrade_labels
                                                name = profile.find( "name" ).text.encode( "utf-8" )
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
15:30:38 T:4300  NOTICE: Thread FileCache start, auto delete: false
15:30:39 T:1224  NOTICE: Previous line repeats 1 times.
15:30:39 T:1224   ERROR: CCurlFile::FillBuffer - Failed: HTTP returned error 401
15:30:39 T:1224   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 401 for http://hitcher-repo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons.xml.md5
15:30:39 T:1224   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://hitcher-repo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons.xml.md5>
15:30:39 T:1224   ERROR: Failed to fetch checksum for directory listing http://hitcher-repo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons.xml for repository xbmc.repo.hitcher.
15:30:40 T:1224   ERROR: CCurlFile::Open failed with code 404 for http://xbmc-repo-liquidskin76.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons.xml.md5
15:30:40 T:1224   ERROR: XFILE::CFileCache::Open - failed to open source <http://xbmc-repo-liquidskin76.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons.xml.md5>
15:30:40 T:1224   ERROR: Failed to fetch checksum for directory listing http://xbmc-repo-liquidskin76.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/addons.xml for repository repo.liquidskin76.
15:30:40 T:4120  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
15:30:41 T:4120  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:30:47 T:676  NOTICE: Thread PVRGUIInfo start, auto delete: false
15:30:47 T:4328  NOTICE: EPG::CEpgContainer::Start - EPG thread started
15:30:47 T:5532  NOTICE: Thread EPGUpdater start, auto delete: false
15:30:47 T:6124   ERROR: Control 300 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
15:31:32 T:6124   ERROR: Previous line repeats 4 times.
15:31:32 T:6124 WARNING: Skin has invalid include: skinshortcuts-submenu
15:31:32 T:1224   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting include
15:31:32 T:5084  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false
15:31:32 T:5084  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
15:31:32 T:5084   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py", line 600, in <module>
                                                Main()
                                              File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\default.py", line 57, in __init__
                                                datafunctions.UpgradeFunctions().upgrade_labels()
                                              File "C:\Users\Dennis\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\datafunctions.py", line 881, in upgrade_labels
                                                name = profile.find( "name" ).text.encode( "utf-8" )
                                            AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'encode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I am not very familiar with Python. Can anybody tell me what is going on?

The system is a Windows 7 pc, 32 bits.
(2015-08-11, 13:17)tomer953 Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 04:11)Citrus Wrote:
(2015-08-09, 02:20)Citrus Wrote: Is this lof file helpful? I would really like to be able to have a shortcut for music addons.

ActivateWindow(Musiclibrary,Addons,return)
is a legit command... works great for me.
Could it be because you have a music library? I do not have any local libraries and only use streaming adding for music and video.
(2015-08-11, 15:59)D-e-n Wrote: I updated to Isengard recently and I wanted to select a new skin. But when I choose a skin that uses the skinshortcut addon I get an error message: "skin shortcut error". And in some skins (Arctic) I don't see the menu items.

This thread is for skinners only. Please report your error first on the skin's forum thread before posting here.
While I'm here: are you running the official version of the Arctic skin ?
(2015-08-11, 13:17)tomer953 Wrote: I also found a little bug, missing Label.
Choose Widget (312) -> Add-on -> then select one of the bottom items: Video Add-ons,Music Add-ons (items)
the label of them will be blank: Property(widgetName) ...

Issue has been fixed on Git. We provide an updated version of the script soon on the Kodi repo once we're done beta testing.
(2015-08-11, 04:11)Citrus Wrote: I resolved my issue with creating a shortcut to music addons by manually editing the shortcut that was created. When using the Choose Shortcut wizard to choose the Music Add-Ons folder I looked at the action which was ActivateWindow(Musiclibrary,Addons,return) I manually edited to be ActivateWindow(Music,Addons,return). Does this mean it's a bug with the skin or with the script?
It actually was a bug because you don't have any content in your music library. It has been fixed in the code and a new version will be provided on the Kodi repo soon.
(2015-08-11, 21:56)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 15:59)D-e-n Wrote: I updated to Isengard recently and I wanted to select a new skin. But when I choose a skin that uses the skinshortcut addon I get an error message: "skin shortcut error". And in some skins (Arctic) I don't see the menu items.

This thread is for skinners only. Please report your error first on the skin's forum thread before posting here.
Yes I am. Problem is that I get this error with all skins that use the script. I am afraid the skinner is not going to give a solution.
(2015-08-11, 22:07)D-e-n Wrote:
(2015-08-11, 21:56)marcelveldt Wrote:

Yes I am. Problem is that I get this error with all skins that use the script. I am afraid the skinner is not going to give a solution.

Did you use path substitutions or symbolic links for your addon_data or user data directory or something? Note that most addons including skinshortcuts don't support that.
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8