• 44(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
I'd rather not get into starting to check values that are returned from Kodi (e.g. after we've asked it for an infoLabel) - I can see madness down that route if it were travelled too far Wink So I've added the - very sensible - condition attribute to properties on the branch Smile
(2015-09-24, 16:20)BobCratchett Wrote: I'd rather not get into starting to check values that are returned from Kodi (e.g. after we've asked it for an infoLabel) - I can see madness down that route if it were travelled too far Wink So I've added the - very sensible - condition attribute to properties on the branch Smile

I know what you mean and you're dam right ! I too am trying to push some limits for Home customization. That,s getting to introduce even more problems I will have to solve behind. Hopefully, skinshortcuts is saving me to get mad. Angel I confirm the condition's working just fine ... If that makes problems to push it to the common branch, just let me know Smile
Thanks for you're time into this
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
Thanks for testing. I'll give the code a quick look over then do the PR.

Edit:- PR here
Great work, I asked for it in the past: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2087427
and the new PR should handle this, thanks!
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
I can confirm that its working fine in my setup,
But, If I understood right, there is no option to set default property to all menus, as I requested before..
Example:
I want to assign all the menus property of "widgetLayout", and set the default for "Fanart".
currently, I can only use the <propertydefault \> to a spesific "LabelID".

I would be more easy for me if you can add this. currently using vars to check if empty...
Yup, no default properties have been added with this PR. I saw the request for them (it's on GitHub as issue 57), but decided not to implement them with this code - two problems sprang to mind with doing them:-

1. Where in the code to actually retrieve and set the default values, and what is the best code to actually do it (just needs thinking through)
2. Setting a precedent - if all menu items have a default custom property, why not a default background, a default widget and so on. So, whilst implementing the defaults may not be a big job (once the changes needed have been thought through) it could actually lead to much more significant code changes Smile

Which is not to say that I or anyone else may not implement them at some point.
No problem, thanks for your comment.
I am getting unable to build menu message when using Aeon nox.
I am running Zorin/ Linux. with Kodi
Can anyone help me please?
Thanks.
I will add a log at the weekend
Please edit your posts to delete the log, then upload it somewhere like pastebin.com and post a link to it. Logs pasted into the forum like that are incredibly difficult to read. Once you've done that, I'll take a look at the log to see if I can see what the issue is.
Hey, I have an old issue that I already get used to it, but i'm sure it has some solution.
Code:
ERROR: Control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
When skin load, the main menu doesnt get focus untill I press some key, the same is when Home.xml is loading.
for example in home I navigate to "Music" and hit enter, then ESC will bring me back to the first Item, and not to "music" and also I will need to press dummy button to give the menu focus, and then another click to start navigate.

Of course I used:
Code:
<defaultcontrol always="true">9000</defaultcontrol>
In Home.xml ( http://pastebin.com/zwY2HpMb )

It seems like the menu is build only after kodi is try to focus, but the weird thing is in other skins its work perfect (tried conq, titan, etc)
what am I missing ?
Unlikely to be anything to do with the menu build. Once the menu is built (and the relevant file is included), it's ready and available. It isn't being rebuilt every time the home window loads.

I vaguely recall running into this issue a long while back (in a different context, but still). If memory serves the issue was that the control I was trying to focus had a visibility condition which meant it wasn't visible (and so couldn't be focused) when the window was first loaded. But still, I suspect this is more a general skinning query than something specific to skin shortcuts, and you may get better support from those far more knowledgable than I with the issue in it's own thread Smile
Thanks for your comment, I will ask some help from other skinners, but I can't see any diffrence betweem my home.xml\includes_home file to conq or titan in the way we use the scripts,
and they don't have any problem with focusing and loading time, and I do...
the only visible condition Im checking for list 9000 is
Code:
<control type="list" id="9000">
                <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                <visible>Skin.HasSetting(Home_Horizontal)</visible>
I also tried to remove it and its still not focusing...

I also noticed that when I use my vertical layout, the item I chose is stays focused when I hit ESC, but in the horizontal its get crazy about the focus one (cannot understand it)
so I tried to flipped the oreder in my xml file, and put the horizontal layout after the vertical one, and it flipped it - now the vertical one is broken.
strange I know... but Im missing something simple for sure, can't be that all the rest do it easily with 2-3 or more home layouts styles.
One thing that I know Conq, for example, does is have the (in its case) two different list 9000's for the two different home styles in different conditional includes (HomeDefault and HomeHorizontal), so that only one of them is actually included when the home page is loaded. Could it be that the Kodi is getting confused over which of the two should be focused, and is always trying to focus the first one - which then isn't working if it's not visible?
Good point, one problem solved!
now when I'm back, the latest menu item is get his focus back. 10x.
I left with one problem, which is the log error
Code:
Control 9000 in window 10000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
and the need to make a dummy click to actually control the menu....
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8