• 59(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2015-10-28, 21:01)BobCratchett Wrote: That's perfect. The bug is now fixed on git, and thanks for the report Smile

(The issue was that the wrong module was being called - xbmcgui rather than xbmc - to get the translated label for the select dialog when there the label comes from a $VAR or a $INFO)
Wonderful. That was a quick fix. Confirm working fine now. Thanks Bob.

I noticed now when selecting a widget, there's a keyboard prompt. Maybe for the user to set a custom name ? Is this removable ?
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2015-10-28, 21:38)Jayz2K Wrote:
(2015-10-28, 21:01)BobCratchett Wrote: That's perfect. The bug is now fixed on git, and thanks for the report Smile

(The issue was that the wrong module was being called - xbmcgui rather than xbmc - to get the translated label for the select dialog when there the label comes from a $VAR or a $INFO)
Wonderful. That was a quick fix. Confirm working fine now. Thanks Bob.

I noticed now when selecting a widget, there's a keyboard prompt. Maybe for the user to set a custom name ? Is this removable ?

Code:
<widgetRename>False</widgetRename>
in the overrides.xml
Phenomenal™ Skin • ForumWebsiteGitHub
Thanks Wink . Didn't find this one in docs.

Edit : I set it straight in the overrides but still get the prompts. Does it have to apply to grouping also ?

Actually you are right. I tried it too and nothing.
from the docs:
Code:
## Prevent user editing widgetName

By default, when using gui 312 to select a widget, Skin Shortcuts will show a keyboard dialog after the widget has been selected so that the user can edit the widgetName property.

If your skin doesn't show the widgetName property, you can disable this function by including the following in the skins [overrides.xml](./overrides.md) file:-

`<widgetRename>False</widgetRename>`

lets wait to Bob's comment.
Thanks again for the bug report. The code was incorrectly checking whether the override existed. Now fixed on git Smile

(edit:- please keep these nice-and-easy-to-fix bug reports coming Wink)
(2015-10-28, 22:08)BobCratchett Wrote: (edit:- please keep these nice-and-easy-to-fix bug reports coming Wink)
challenge accepted. Cool
(2015-10-28, 22:08)BobCratchett Wrote: Thanks again for the bug report. The code was incorrectly checking whether the override existed. Now fixed on git Smile

(edit:- please keep these nice-and-easy-to-fix bug reports coming Wink)
Confirm working Smile Thanks again Bob. It was somehow breaking my dialog management and don't really need it.
I prefer having nothing to report so the script is fully stable Wink ... but if I find something else, I'll keep in touch.

(2015-10-28, 21:12)tomer953 Wrote: Thanks for the merge Marcel and Bob.

New Issue now,
some user has show me a bug in the shortcuts, he has 3 unidentified sub menus items, that are not in the management dialog, and they have some weird labels:
"Choose Label" , "Choose Text Color" and "Unwatched".
He does not know where they came from, and can't delete them.

I asked him to create a backup via Marcel Helper and send me the zip file, I will take a look there and see If I see something weird.
I guess LOG won't help here, but I will publish details later. If you have a hint where to start looking, I will glad to hear.

inside that ZIP File I copied the 3 menus from the movies.DATA.xml file:
http://pastebin.com/qKz7VYrY

Any clue what caused it ?
his kodi is a big mess, but still, bug its a bug. :]
There's nothing in that snippet of the movies submenu .DATA.xml file that should cause any issues. It's hard to say more with so little to go on, but as you asked where to start looking, the most likely causes are:-

* There's something in the relevant .DATA.xml file which shouldn't be there - if not using templates, potentially in an irrelevant .DATA.xml file, too
* (If not using templates for the submenu) The script is getting the visibility conditions wrong for one or more items (unlikely to lead to them just appearing in one submenu, though)
* (If using templates for the submenu) The script is adding the wrong items to the relevant template (unlikely, though), or the visibility conditions within the template are wrong
* (If overriding actions in particular) One or more overrides are causing unwanted side effects - especially possible if you override anything based on the defaultID (all three items in the snippet have the same defaultID, indicating there is a small possibility there's an issue there)
* Entirely user error/issue with user system
* Something else Wink

Edit:- I'm assuming you've copied that snippet out of his backup. If you restore his backup, do you experience the same issue?
I think those items were added by another skin and have a visibility conditions that is not respected in the menu itself but is in the skinshortcuts editor... The labels could be easily explained if it are NUM labels in the skin range 31xxxx
Thanks for your comments,
Bob (b.t.w, is it your first name?) I'm not using Templates, and no special overrides except of the Parental control.
I Do restore his ZIP file, and same result for me.
Marcel, I guess you are right, but still, why is it happening ? how to prevent it\fix it ?
Ah, OK. So 31035 - בחר צבע הדגשה and 31036 - בחר צבע טקסט are 'Choose Label' and 'Choose Text Color' strings defined by skin.phenomenal? (I can see the third one is the Kodi string for 'Unwatched'.) That makes some sense. So, yes, as Marcelveldt says, for some reason the visibility condition isn't being met in the management dialog, but is in the built menus. I'd take a look in the script-skinshortcuts-includes.xml file to see what the visibility condition is there for some hints as to why it's matching in one place and not the other.

(And Bob is the first name of my Kodi forum username)
yes, the labels are from my skin (Phenomenal):

msgctxt "#31035"
msgid "Choose Color"
msgstr "בחר צבע הדגשה"

msgctxt "#31036"
msgid "Choose Text Color"
msgstr "בחר צבע טקסט"

but I almost sure those sub-menus wasn't created in my skin.
and here are the 3 menus from the -includes.xml file: http://pastebin.com/9wQRMVFP
WHAT A MESS
Which don't have the visibility condition shown in the .DATA.xml file applied to them, which gets us somewhere Smile

From a quick test, it looks like the visibility conditions from the .DATA.xml file are only being applied if the action isn't being overridden. Leave it with me, I'll follow through the code and work out exactly why that's going wrong (though it's one of those issues that may take a little time to track down, and I only have a little time this evening.) And thanks for another bug report, but I though we agreed you were only going to bring up easy-to-fix ones Wink

Edit:- I take that back, it should be as easy as (and can you please test) https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinshortcuts/pull/97
Lol, You challenged me :]
Many thanks, don't be bother from that specific user, I already told him to throw his pc out of the window or something... I just wanted to report that strange behaviour.

Edit: arrr, just saw your edit Tongue
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8