• 99(current)
Release script.skinshortcuts
(2016-05-30, 14:23)BobCratchett Wrote: I'll take a proper look this evening, see if I can recreate the issues your log snippet shows, but initial thoughts: There are three issues being shown in your log snippet:

(1) Invalid includes - the script was updated a couple of versions back to try to stop these error messages, so I'll have to look into it more

(2) The script error with the umlaut - this is happening when the script is loading playlists to select from in the management dialog. Should be an easy fix.

(3) Widgets not showing - your snippet of the includes file (and the fact there are no errors happening on build) show that the templates are being built correctly, and the fact that you can mouse over the widget suggests the visibility condition is correct - Initially sounds like a pure skinning issue. Most likely causes are that our include definitions haven't been updated to Krypton format (though a quick glance at your code suggests this doesn't apply), you don't have any video add-ons enabled (so there's nothing to show) or there's a pure layout problem with your xml. But as I say, I'll see if I can recreate the problem locally.

Just a note, if you're providing a debug log then a link to a full debug log is preferred. If you suspect any kind of problem on build - and the script hasn't told you that there was an error building the menu - then it's also helpful to enable the scripts own debug logging option from its settings Smile

Hey Bob,

Shame on meBlush.
I Forget the new including in the shortcut folder. Many Thanks for the Note, totally forget to search in this folder about the new naming convention and search two days what is wrongSmile.
The invalid includes comes from the search about the error - rebuild the template and the overrwrite file line per line for one Widget to search what is wrong.

And thanks for the note and your time - next time you become a full logAngel.

Another quick question:

Is the option <forcesettings>True</forcesettings> for a different menu like the shutdownmenu possible
I consider to make the shutdown menu with the script, and have a fallback button to setting in there.
In the case it makes more sense to "hardcode" a setting button in the shutdown menu as in the mainmenu.

Regards
Glad you got it working Smile

I spotted the cause of the invalid includes, and can see it's a problem that will resolve itself as development of your skin continues Smile

No, there's no option for <forceSettings /> to work with an additional menu, however you should be able to work around it skin-side. Assuming your additional group is 'shutdown' is, something like (the totally untested and being typed off the top of my head)...

Code:
<content>
    <include>skinshortcuts-group-shutdown</include>
    <item>
        <label>Settings</label>
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
    </item>
</content>

...would give you a settings button completely separate from the script-managed items, and therefore not able to be deleted.
(2016-05-30, 15:37)BobCratchett Wrote: Glad you got it working Smile

I spotted the cause of the invalid includes, and can see it's a problem that will resolve itself as development of your skin continues Smile

No, there's no option for <forceSettings /> to work with an additional menu, however you should be able to work around it skin-side. Assuming your additional group is 'shutdown' is, something like (the totally untested and being typed off the top of my head)...

Code:
<content>
    <include>skinshortcuts-group-shutdown</include>
    <item>
        <label>Settings</label>
        <onclick>ActivateWindow(Settings)</onclick>
    </item>
</content>

...would give you a settings button completely separate from the script-managed items, and therefore not able to be deleted.

Hey Bob,

Thanks, works great.. One note with no idea if its a windows problem:
Specially in this dialog a "Window change" action needs on my side (windows 7 and current Nightly and all before), a Dialog.close when the shutdownmenue opens a window
like settings, profiles etc. Otherwise nothing hapens or other dialogs wont close and overlap the window.

I´ve managed it with the overrides.

Code:
<override action="globaloverride" group="shutdownmenu">
    <action>Dialog.Close(all)</action>
    <action>::ACTION::</action>
</override>

Not the nicest one, but the only way i´ve found to open Settings or similar when a second Dialog like the Videoinfo is open.

Regards
The global override was added for exactly this and, whilst it is ugly, it's currently the best solution we have Smile
(2016-05-30, 18:41)BobCratchett Wrote: The global override was added for exactly this and, whilst it is ugly, it's currently the best solution we have Smile

PerfektWink

I know, the script cannot do what the core miss, not a script problem, in my opinion Kodi should need a better handle for this itself.
Thanks for your great support. even it was a skin(er) and not a scriptfaultBlush.

Regards
(2016-05-30, 10:53)Marc0810 Wrote: The Kodi log ends up with the error:

Code:
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\kodi-17.0-Krypton\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\library.py", line 1005, in playlists
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:     contents_data = contents.read().decode('utf-8')
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\kodi-17.0-Krypton\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:     return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 102: invalid start byte

Apologies this error has taken me so long to look into properly, it's been a mad couple of weeks. I traced the problem to the following playlist you are including with the skin:

special://skin/playlists/genres/film/Komoedie.xsp

It's not saved as UTF-8 (Sublime Text's best guess is its saved as 'Western (Windows 1252)'), so the script is unable to load it. Save it with the correct encoding, and the script can load it fine.
(2016-06-05, 21:57)BobCratchett Wrote:
(2016-05-30, 10:53)Marc0810 Wrote: The Kodi log ends up with the error:

Code:
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\kodi-17.0-Krypton\portable_data\addons\script.skinshortcuts\resources\lib\library.py", line 1005, in playlists
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:     contents_data = contents.read().decode('utf-8')
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:   File "C:\Program Files (x86)\kodi-17.0-Krypton\system\python\Lib\encodings\utf_8.py", line 16, in decode
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR:     return codecs.utf_8_decode(input, errors, True)
10:30:22 T:7504   ERROR: UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 102: invalid start byte

Apologies this error has taken me so long to look into properly, it's been a mad couple of weeks. I traced the problem to the following playlist you are including with the skin:

special://skin/playlists/genres/film/Komoedie.xsp

It's not saved as UTF-8 (Sublime Text's best guess is its saved as 'Western (Windows 1252)'), so the script is unable to load it. Save it with the correct encoding, and the script can load it fine.
Hey Bob,

Apology for the fault. The playliste are ANSI files and work in Kodi for many years. I didn´t know thats a difference between Kodi content and the contents from the script.
Komodie already works in the skin and I never realise thats a problem with the files is given.
I convert it to UTF-8.

Thanks for your time.

Regards
Is there a way to display a widget with static content derived from an xml file?

I've reviewed this - https://github.com/BigNoid/script.skinsh...widgets.md and it doesnt seem to mention any static content

Here's what I've attempted:
in overrides.xml

Code:
<widget label="Test Widget" path="special://home/testwidget.xml">Test Widget</widget>

in testwidget.xml:

Code:
<content>
<item>
<title>Test title</title>
<thumbnail>thumbnail.png</thumbnail>
</item>
</content>

But nothing is displayed (most likely I've coded wrongly!)
You can't use a file to fill a list like that. The way to achieve what you want varies on whether you're using templates or not.

With templates, put your static items into an include and set the path in the overrides to...

Code:
$INCLUDE[whatever-you-named-your-include]

... then, assuming the widgetPath property is being pulled out from the menu item and set as the content, Skin Shortcuts will do the rest.

Without templates, you need to include a separate list for your static content and manage its visibility. I'd personally use the widgetType property for that, so something like the following in your overrides...

Code:
<widget type="custom">Test Widget</widget>

... then the list with the static content would have a visibility conditions such as ...

Code:
<visible>String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetType),custom)</visible>

... obviously adjusting the container ID as appropriate, if you're not targeting Krypton using the correct bool rather than String.IsEqual and having any list which is dynamically filled have the inverse visibility.
(2016-06-19, 10:48)BobCratchett Wrote: You can't use a file to fill a list like that. The way to achieve what you want varies on whether you're using templates or not.

With templates, put your static items into an include and set the path in the overrides to...

Code:
$INCLUDE[whatever-you-named-your-include]

... then, assuming the widgetPath property is being pulled out from the menu item and set as the content, Skin Shortcuts will do the rest.

Without templates, you need to include a separate list for your static content and manage its visibility. I'd personally use the widgetType property for that, so something like the following in your overrides...

Code:
<widget type="custom">Test Widget</widget>

... then the list with the static content would have a visibility conditions such as ...

Code:
<visible>String.IsEqual(Container(9000).ListItem.Property(widgetType),custom)</visible>

... obviously adjusting the container ID as appropriate, if you're not targeting Krypton using the correct bool rather than String.IsEqual and having any list which is dynamically filled have the inverse visibility.

Thanks Bob, I'll have to study that, it's not sinking in right now!!

I managed to get all the sub menu widgets working from our discussion earlier in this thread (thanks again!) what I'm trying to do now is speed up the content population process as it take a little while currently whilst kodi is loading for all the widgets to appear - hence this question.

I'm using templates so I assume the static item include goes into the template file?
No the static include is just a standard include within your normal skin files. For example, in igConq I have a weather include to use as a static widget and the associated override.
Perfect - that helps a lot Bob - thanks for your help and the extremely helpful links to give context
Hi Bob,

working on krypton updates and getting this with shortcuts?

Activate/ReplaceWindow called with invalid destination window: VideoLibrary

this is what's in my includes:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/3D.xsp,return)</onclick>
<property name="path">ActivateWindow(VideoLibrary,special://profile/playlists/video/3D.xsp,return)</property>

Just pulled the latest from GIT and installed and still the same?

Is there something else I have to do as it seems I'm getting lots of these as well:

11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musiclibrary
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musicfiles
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window networksettings
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window pvr
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musiclibrary
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videofiles
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window musicfiles
11:24:09 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window scripts
11:24:13 T:8836 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window videolibrary

But they could be from my crap skin I guess?

Thanks Mike.

EDIT: Never mind BOB, I've just seen the list in the krypton changes from the 20th, basically kills my skin I think!
SKIN: Aeon Madnox
RIP Schimi2k, we miss you.
When I grow up I want to be a skilled skinner
Thank me by ⬇ adding to my + reputation
It does also kill Skin Shortcuts (at least video library links - and for widgets which load the video library (think movie genre widget)) - and, for the record, I knew MadNox people would be the first to spot it Wink

I've actually written what I think will be all the changes needed to Skin Shortcuts but simply haven't had the time to test them yet - and looks like I won't until next week now. So I'll try to push them to git when I get a chance so that hopefully others can test for me...

Edit: Test branch here
MadNox people are special Sir Old Guy Super Grandpa Wink ( did i miss one ? )
HW: I5, AMD A6, Odroid C2 OS:Win10 & LibreElec Kodi:latest 16.x & 17.x Skin: MADNOX

M A D N O X - incl "HOW TO - SETUP TRICKS..." on first page !!!
Extra GFX Stuff for AeonNox Mods
  • 99(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
script.skinshortcuts8