Win Movies not auto updating
I've been running xbmc 11 for years and It's never added movies automatically. What I do is I go in videos then files then movies then movie information for a non added movie and then it's added. I've reinstalled twice to try and fix it, didn't work (a while back). I've updated (installed over v11) to version 12.2 last week and still have the same issue. Any idea what I could do? TV shows are fine. Movie folder is set to scan.
It's not going to scan and update the library automatically unless you've enabled the option to "Update library on startup". Otherwise, you have to manually select the option to "Update library" or "Scan for new content". Don't use them myself, but I believe there are some add-ons or supplementary tools that, when enabled to do so, also will run a library update automatically at startup.
I have it set to Update library on startup. I even do an update library still it doesn't find the movies.
Add a new movie file to your Movies source folder (could even be a dummy file named after a real movie title). Enable debug log (wiki)ging. Exit XBMC. Restart XBMC and let library update run. Upload a copy of the debug log (wiki) to a public paste site such as www.xbmclogs.com and post the assigned URL here.
I use V11 and V12 and both of mine pickup new content TV and Movies and add to the library as expected.
do the debug log (wiki) and we can try and help determine what is going on.
יונתן בן-חיים

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies not auto updating0