[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
(2013-12-09, 19:20)Samz Wrote: Moved to XBMC just for this plugin, I'm confused on how to install this. All I get is the repository.addonscriptorde-beta.zip which contains an xml. Did install this via XBMC but don't see any difference.

Could someone guide on the steps to take to get this working?

Running on Windows

Thanks and apologies for noob question
Hi, i hope (and i'm sure) you will have a great time with xbmc. Smile
You need to install the zip via the xbmc addon manager.
Then, goto: System -> Add-ons -> Get Add-ons -> AddonScriptorDE's Testing Repo -> Video Add-ons -> NetfliXBMC -> Install.
If the repo is empty, try a "Force refresh" via the context menu (key 'c')...

(2013-12-09, 20:47)jawilljr Wrote:
(2013-12-09, 15:29)AddonScriptorDE Wrote:
(2013-12-06, 00:32)locoguano Wrote: Under Linux... Though I have Chrome set up to play Netflix and it works when just using the browser... when I launch from XBMC I get the "Wrong browser type" page.
(2013-12-07, 05:24)tymanthius Wrote: I just installed, and I'm getting this also.
(2013-12-09, 07:45)jawilljr Wrote: Another Linux user...getting wrong browser and OS. If I close XBMC and open Chrome the user agent works.

Debug Log
To all linux/pipelight users: You need to change your user-agent! It's all mentioned on the pipelight homepage.
Please have a look at it. It doesn't really have anything to do with my addon. Thanks...
Easiest way should be to use an extension like this!

When using the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher, you (of course) need to setup the user-agent for that profile, too.
For troubleshooting, you can disable kiosk mode via the (NetfliXBMC) addon settings...

I am using this User Agent, which is the recomended one from this FAQ. That FAQ is linked from here.

Below is the output from Pipelights Dignostic site.

Quote:Pipelight diagnostic:

Please select the Plugin you want to test:

User agent (Javascript)
Checking for Windows user agent ...okay
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:15.0) Gecko/20120427 Firefox/15.0a1
Please note: not every user agent works on every site, try multiple ones if something doesn't work!

Silverlight (as seen by a website)
Checking for Silverlight ...okay
Version: 5.1.20513.0

Result
Result from all tests ...okay
You are ready to use Silverlight

Please use the RECOMMENDED User Agent.

As I said User Agent Switcher works if I close XBMC and manually Chrome browser. It does NOT work with your Addon.
Okay, so the User-Agent itself is not the problem. Chrome has problems to remember it.
Some tips / possible reasons for this behavior (i mentioned before):
- Have you tried this extension? It's simple to setup and working fine here for me.
- Are you using the "Use own user profile" setting in Chrome Launcher? Then, Chrome gets launched with complete new settings. So you need to setup the User-Agent for this profile, too.
- Have you tried disabling kiosk mode (NetfliXBMC -> Settings -> Advanced)? Then, Chrome gets started normally so you can setup everything.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Inofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by AddonScriptorDE - 2013-12-10, 00:32
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7