[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)
I forked from the svn on google-code (into my git) which was the latest version from AddonScriptDE, so I would certainly still keep that intact to preserve his work/commit log.
I've been developing out of my gitlab (basically a standalone github) but it's probably worth me moving it to my github page as that'll make it easier to do pull requests to each other, etc.

I'm not sure that there's any real problem with the requests based code anymore except for the dependency on the requests module itself, it should be trivial for me to add that as a registered dependency as marcelveldt mentioned, and if we get a repo set up that should resolve any issues with that.

While I am a python dev this is the first xbmc plugin I've contributed to, so it's been a learning curve from that viewpoint, hence I hadn't set my code up with a repo or clean zip for install.

I work predominantly on a mac so can certainly test code there too, and have a windows vm already I should try it out in also.

I do use pydevd module for the remote debug of the plugin, if you look at my repo code you'll see the block commented out at the top of default.py. I use pycharm though because it's incredibly awesome, although you need the paid version for remote debug.
Eclipse works fine though, although it's a bit more fiddly to get the workspace set up. There's a couple of walkthroughs to set up remote debugging. http://pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html

Basically with the code block enabled and the ip in the code block set to laptop ip (not tv/server ip), you start debugging server in pycharm/eclipse and then go to any menu on netflix and when the plugin hits the debug code block it stops, connects to the laptop and shows up on laptop screen ready to step through the code.

I have my git code directly cloned into ~/.xbmc/addons/plugin.video.netflixbmc on server, and then have that folder mounted in a shared drive on my laptop and modify the code directly, with debug enabled, and run it by just selecting a menu with the remote. Then when I'm happy with changed commit and push. There is absolutely no copying or syncing of files required, so that speeds up dev.

At the moment I have pydevd module folder from pycharm just copied into my plugin.video.netflixbmc but there is proper looking module packages I'm going to try as a cleaner option, such as http://ftp.slackware.com/pub/xbmc/addons...le.pydevd/
alelec kodi repo, hosting my binary addons not eligible for the official repo .
netflix, sbs ondemand, webdriver etc.

http://kodi.alelec.net/

Messages In This Thread
Search empty? - by cgrey - 2014-01-11, 06:13
Not working on windows 7 - by dandiodati - 2014-02-26, 21:55
Problems with this addon - by builderjer - 2014-11-30, 19:55
RE: [RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux) - by corona - 2014-12-02, 02:21
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] NetfliXBMC - Unofficial Netflix Add-on (Win/OSX/Linux)7