Modifying APK
Brick 
Hi, in past few months I have been creating my own versions of XBMC with modified android manifest (to let it run as a launcher). I have been stuck with 13alpha8 quite a long time untill yesterday, when I reinstalled firmware on my rk3188-based jesurun dx05. I then tried to modify alpha9 in the same manner I have modified alpha8. But after installing, the version is somehow corrupted at least around addons. For example, I take clean (no user data) installation, then I setup weather plugin Weather Underground and I enter its options. When I try to set the name of the first city, instead of showing the input keyboard, I get a script error. Lot of other different addons also act strangely.

When I look in the log, I only see:
Code:
16:10:31 T:1677610568   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(0, /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "weather.wunderground" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
16:10:32 T:1677610568    INFO: Python script stopped

When I install clean version from the web, the same scenario works. When I just unpack the original version, and then repack it (apktool) without modifying any files, and sign it (signapk) and install this new version, its broken. So the problem is probably either with the repacking process (but then it shouldnt let me install it, right? and the size is aprox. the same as original) or the XBMC somehow knows its not original and misbehaves.

Any thoughts on this?
(2013-11-23, 19:32)curlyboi Wrote: When I just unpack the original version, and then repack it (apktool) without modifying any files, and sign it (signapk) and install this new version, its broken.
Any thoughts on this?
The developers switched to a newer python version. Since existing add-ons do not specify compatibility with the newer version they are marked "broken" dispite most of them would work fine otherwise. There is a thread in the dev section: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=177482

I can find it quickly where I read it, but I remember reading switching to a new version occurred early october, so the difference between alpha 8 and alpha 9. But this is from memory, I just looked at it a few weeks ago when suddenly a lot of add-ons where marked broken in on of the nightlies I tried.

Found! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1527263
(2013-11-23, 19:32)curlyboi Wrote: Hi, in past few months I have been creating my own versions of XBMC with modified android manifest (to let it run as a launcher). I have been stuck with 13alpha8 quite a long time untill yesterday, when I reinstalled firmware on my rk3188-based jesurun dx05. I then tried to modify alpha9 in the same manner I have modified alpha8. But after installing, the version is somehow corrupted at least around addons. For example, I take clean (no user data) installation, then I setup weather plugin Weather Underground and I enter its options. When I try to set the name of the first city, instead of showing the input keyboard, I get a script error. Lot of other different addons also act strangely.

When I look in the log, I only see:
Code:
16:10:31 T:1677610568   DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(0, /mnt/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/weather.wunderground/default.py): instantiating addon using automatically obtained id of "weather.wunderground" dependent on version 2.1.0 of the xbmc.python api
16:10:32 T:1677610568    INFO: Python script stopped

When I install clean version from the web, the same scenario works. When I just unpack the original version, and then repack it (apktool) without modifying any files, and sign it (signapk) and install this new version, its broken. So the problem is probably either with the repacking process (but then it shouldnt let me install it, right? and the size is aprox. the same as original) or the XBMC somehow knows its not original and misbehaves.

Any thoughts on this?

Did you ever figure this out? The answer above relates to addon.xml files not specifying the correct version if Python, so I'm not sure how that'd apply since we're not changing the addons at all when it's re-packed and signed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Modifying APK0