Major Buffering issue. Can Anyone please HELP.
Here is how my system is setup

ATV ( CrystalHD card, Ubuntu installed ,connected to netgear dual band 3400 v2)

Netgear Dual Band router ( connected to Bright house Modem)

Hard drive 1 ( connected to ATV via USB ,Plays all movies and stuff very well no issues other than a 10 -15 sec delay to launch a video)

Hard Drive 2-3 (connected to netgear router via usb hub, hard drive is now networked. These 2 are where I would like to begin to store newly aquired videos. Some of the files are very large others not so much..
problem
Constant buffering even after I turn off all other electronics that might pull bandwidth from the setup. I cannot not play any of the movies with out a every 20 sec buffer freeze. I have restarted my modem and router at least 2 dozen times in the last 2 months trying to find a fix nothing at all. I have also change the wi-fi transmit channel even to that should not be an issue since the HDDs are usb'd in the router and the router is wired to the ATV.

What are my option.
Can anyone be my guide.
nothing is this in the wrong place
See 1.1.6 in forum rules (wiki).
I went back and read the rules and my question does not appear to infringe on any of them , could you please elaborate for me so that i can fix what ever i am doing wrong,

(2013-11-24, 07:32)artrafael Wrote: See 1.1.6 in forum rules (wiki).

I went back and reread them from the top . got it my bad

(2013-11-24, 07:32)artrafael Wrote: See 1.1.6 in forum rules (wiki).
Two potential problems I can see:

1. routers don't make great nas's. They often do not have the cpu or ram to shove your media at consistent speeds to the clients.

2. Wireless. Say no more than it is often hopeless for media.

So to diagnose start by running a wire from the router to the client. If it works fine, then wirelss is the problem. Solution: go wired.

If that doesn't fix it then the problem is probably the underpowered router pretending to be a proper nas. Solution: get a proper server/nas.

PS having reread your post, wireless may be an issue, not sure why you are even referring to it if your router/nas and your player are wired ethernet.

Why not plug the hard drives into the ATV? USB Hub and all.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Major Buffering issue. Can Anyone please HELP.0