Win Frodo questions
Hello,

I have ran a search and looked through the FAQs but didn't find the information I was hoping to.

1. I uninstalled a old version of XBMC and installed the new stable release, FRODO. I noticed that movies that are no longer on my hard drive are still in my movie list and I would like to automatically remove them if possible. I still have not been able to figure that out. I could use some direction please.

2. Some of my movies are also improperly named and I couldn't find a way to manually change them. If someone could direct me where in the menus I could do that I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for your time. =)
For #1 running a Clean Library should remove any entries in the library that don't exist on the drive any longer.
For me, in Aeon Nox in 12.1 Frodo, I believe i go to System-->Video-->Library-->Clean Library.
(2013-11-24, 17:51)Temujin Wrote: For #1 running a Clean Library should remove any entries in the library that don't exist on the drive any longer.
For me, in Aeon Nox in 12.1 Frodo, I believe i go to System-->Video-->Library-->Clean Library.

Oh cool, thanks. Do you know if I have the update library on startup option enabled that it will automatically clean my library at the same time? If not what's the best way, or the simplist way to get that done.
No, Update looks for new files/shows/movies in your attached source paths, it doesn't do a clean as well. This is why you can sometimes see duplicates if you upgrade file sources occasionally like I do.
For example, I'll update a 720p movie to 1080p or find one with better audio etc.
I sometimes to forget to run the Clean Library after I update and then I wonder why I have 2 of the same movie even I deleted the original version.
(2013-11-24, 18:18)Temujin Wrote: No, Update looks for new files/shows/movies in your attached source paths, it doesn't do a clean as well. This is why you can sometimes see duplicates if you upgrade file sources occasionally like I do.
For example, I'll update a 720p movie to 1080p or find one with better audio etc.
I sometimes to forget to run the Clean Library after I update and then I wonder why I have 2 of the same movie even I deleted the original version.

Yeah, I occasionally update my movies. I'm trying out the Aeon Nux skin and am liking it a lot. I figured out how to rename movies using the right mouse button on the title in the movie and files sections. I have another question for you regarding Aeon Nux. How do you exit XBMC with Aeon Nux? I tried Esc and backspace. I can't figure it out.
Shutdown should be an option across the bottom row of menu options.
Or a quick exit of Alt+F4 I believe.
Also, 's' key by default will bring up a system menu of sorts. Exit should be on there.

If you want to clean your library onupdate, you can configure advancedsettings.xml to do it.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsett...library.3E
Nice, will remember that although it would make startup take quite a bit of time with larger libraries wouldn't it?
I tend to shut my XBMC down each night as after a few days running it has a bit of a memory leak issue and it eats up my ram Smile

Awesome tip, thanks Vaikin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo questions0