• 5(current)
My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC
Did you guys see this survey and have you voted for better XBMC support on Ouya?

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=179922
(2013-12-08, 15:55)RockerC Wrote: Vote for "XBMC improvements" in this survey OUYA is currently holding here http://www.instant.ly/s/wg7ZD
Quote:Let us know how you use your OUYA:
  • Watching Video
Let us know what you think OUYA development should focus on the most:
  • XBMC Improvements (HDMI-CEC, audio pass-through)
I found the link to it hidden away in this OUYA system update release announcement

https://www.ouya.tv/ouya-system-update-a...r-21-2013/
Quote:Help us make OUYA better!

We’ve created a survey to have you help us determine which features to focus on next. It’ll take literally just a minute to fill out and we’ll use it to determine what our next set of features are. Y’all have made OUYA successful so far and we want to make sure your voices continue to be heard.

Take the survey here: http://www.instant.ly/s/wg7ZD
Hi guys, so I received an Ouya for christmas and I was wondering if it's normal that it take like 30 sec. to launch a movie from my smb location. I tried 3 different build of XBMC on the OUYA and all of thems take very long time to launch/stop a movie. The navigation through xbmc itself is realy not that bad it's only that.
No i wouldn't say thats normal. I launch files a lot quicker than 30 seconds. I would check your network. Thats almost enough time for a computer to wake on lan, spin up hdd and then the ouya play it.
I don't understand then.. everything is wired perfectly through ethernet cable. My main computer who's storing all my movie collection is up and running and it still take 30-45 sec to open up a movie. Should I consider something else then SMB ? I store everything on a Window computer.
No smb is fine. I just tested out a few videos over a 100 mbit connection and it took only about 3 seconds over smb. tested 720p and 1080p. What version are you using? Are you using koyings smbc build?
I tested SMBC, XBMC Ouya 12.3.2 and the one on the ouya store.. all of them take about 30-45 sec to get into the smb and read a movie.
Its hard to say. It could be a number of things. Some internet routers have really really bad transfer speeds. The box might say 100mbit but it performs more like a 10mbit. I would try it over another Ethernet switch, making sure all wifi is off. Check to make sure all your wires are rated at least 100mbit. If the problem persist make a new thread giving debug log, video details, and the make and model of your network equipment.
Well.. I went on speedtest.net on the Ouya and got a decent score (10.35 mbps). I tried PLEX and Im able to run movie from the same computer where the smb is at max quality. Any idea what would cause that lag on XBMC trying to reach the smb ? I'll probably have to do another thread..

Edit : So I went ahead and made a NFS Server with haneWIN NFS Server and it's a bit faster then SMB. It take like 15-25 sec to open up a movie instead of 30-45 sec which is way better. and Plex is actually not working that great, im having audio problems..
I'm SBMC on my OUYA without any problems for videos and tv shows (SMB shares on a Synology) with the exception of Live TV -- I'm hitting MythTV (HDHomerun Prime) and my TV misses frames. I gather this is because of the lack of a hardware MPEG2 license? Has anyone had any luck with MythTV and SPMC? Almost a perfect little box (have FLIRC running as well)
(2013-12-28, 15:51)macrho Wrote: I'm SBMC on my OUYA without any problems for videos and tv shows (SMB shares on a Synology) with the exception of Live TV -- I'm hitting MythTV (HDHomerun Prime) and my TV misses frames. I gather this is because of the lack of a hardware MPEG2 license? Has anyone had any luck with MythTV and SPMC? Almost a perfect little box (have FLIRC running as well)

I have been unable to get high 1080i live TV working on any of my Android devices using two different PVR backends. I believe it indeed has to do with lack of hardware decoding for HD MPEG2 formats. I haven't seen anyone report success with this yet.
Bummer, hopefully the MPEG2 format will be opened soon - it was, what $5, on the RPi? I'll gladly fork over $5 or $10 for it. Add bitstreaming down the line for HD audio (if possible) and what a device for $60 [got in on the coupon a couple of weeks back]
(2013-11-25, 08:01)CpTHOOK Wrote: 1st) I did'nt like the fact that I had to put in CC information upon set-up.(not a performance flaw, but did'nt feel it was necessary). I bought this box primarily for XBMC use of course

Lemmie get this straight? You need a credit card to operate this device?

No Way, Not for ME, Never!
(2013-12-31, 06:44)FishOil Wrote:
(2013-11-25, 08:01)CpTHOOK Wrote: 1st) I did'nt like the fact that I had to put in CC information upon set-up.(not a performance flaw, but did'nt feel it was necessary). I bought this box primarily for XBMC use of course

credit card page can be bypassed or worked around... a few methods out there
(2014-01-01, 01:46)bigdogeh Wrote:
(2013-12-31, 06:44)FishOil Wrote:

credit card page can be bypassed or worked around... a few methods out there

Yeah, I checked that out and found this. Might help someone.

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?4213...ard-number
here is my noobish question...

I am trying on my newly bought Ouya to add a share over the network, but when I go to the SMB browser it's just empty.

Is there any guide available so as not to disturb you?

Is there anything more detailed to explain to you?

I already have two ΝΜΤ players that working fine and stream through my local network...

Thank you in advance...
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC1