Win Real Newb and dnla streaming +
Hi all thankyou for this fantastic software which I accidentally found whilst looking for something to stream my movie collection , ive now spent 3 days solid trying to familurise myself with how XBMC actually works , although I have many minor issues to sort as I get more confident with the software I have one really niggling question which I cant seem to find an answer for and that is .

is it possible to transfer xbmc to play on my tv via dlna so that I can watch live streams on the tv instead of having to connect the tv as a second monitor via hdmi ?

my system comprises of windows 7 home premium laptop with 3i processor and 3 gig ram fully updated , tv is a Panasonic viera txp50gt and is dlna certified , ive installed the official android app on my phone and it works to control the software Huh??

other minor problems are when booting xbmc 1) script failed service .py Huh
2) ISY connection issue Huh
3) xbmchub maintainence problem ie cant download all the uk or ALL reposatorys in maintainence
4) Is there a link to a you tube video on how to utilise the pvr clients ?? I keep getting pvr clients lose connection and really don't know what to do about it hence I still have not been able to view any live tv but the software does dlna stream my movie collection which reminds me is there an add on transcoder which I could install for mkv files Huh

Sorry if some of these questions appear silly I really am knew to the whole thing and thanks very much in advance for any help which will be greatly appreciated .Nod
Let's take #3 off the table from the outset: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=171518
Oh bugger I just read that , and it seems I have been conned into installing that software , I did notice at the time I was bombarded with spyware from a hijacker named ( my search dial ) and got a little confused from there , ok having this knowledge I will now go and delete this version from my pc and start again , could someone please tell me how to add the real Fusion repository ie what is the url Huh I found the tutorial of how to install this on you tube and low behold it installed the hub wizard version GRRRRRR Angry also is there a special way to delete this version in order to make sure I get rid of all its remnants b4 I try to re install Huh
No Fusion support here either.
Im really confused now Huh I knew nothing about xbmc 3 days ago and I apologise for my ignorance , I used y tube to view videos which explained how to add that fusion as a source and thought that this had to be done . So how else could I add a source to the file manager ? is there somewhere that I can go and download the repos and add ons that are legitimately supported Huh on the plus side I have discovered 2 possabilites to use my tv as a wireless monitor 1 being via intel widi and 2 being miracast , unfortunately both require me to purchase additional hardware Grrrrr also I will investigate wifi direct as both my tv and blue ray have this function built in
You don't need any of those repositories or add-ons if all you're trying to do is stream your movie file collection from your XBMC system to another device, such as your TV. This wiki article explains how to set up your Video library (wiki). Once you have your locally stored movie files scanned into your XBMC library, you can enable the UPnP/Server (wiki) function in XBMC to share your library contents with other UPnP/DLNA compatible devices. Keep in mind that so-called "smart" TVs aren't necessarily so smart and you may find it won't be able to play some of your movies. The most reliable way to play content from your XBMC system on your TV is to simply connect your PC to your TV via an HDMI cable.
Thanks for the helpull links Artrafael , I now would like to watch the free tv etc on my tv , but don't want to connect to hdmi , I know the technology is now out there to serve my pc to tv as a second monitor even if it does mean buying additional hardware this is what I want to achieve and hopefully will be able to do it soon , as for so called smart tvs I know exactly what you mean half my library wont play , that's why I asked the question is there an add on for xbmc that would transcode these files in the background Huh , back to my installation of the undesirable repos and hub stuff , will I need to completely uninstall xbmc ? which is the correct version Frodo which I downloaded from xbmc.org , or can I simply disable the add ons and delete the repos Huh thanks again for all your help ill wait on reply before deciding how to proceed Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Real Newb and dnla streaming +0