Win XBMC interface on Philips BDP7750?
Hi all,

yesterday I installed the xbmc software and was very happy - great tool, most of my videos were auto-detected, the one that were not I added manually. Everything great.

I ran the xmbc with UPnP on. Then I started my Blu-Ray-Player and selected "Search PC", selected XBMC entry but what a pitty: Only the ugly interface of Philips could be seen. I expected to see the xbmc interface as on the computer, which is also controlable by keyboard or (as I read) by remote control. My Computer and my Blu-Ray-Player are connected via LAN and I connect from Blu-Ray-Player to the PC with DLNA.

Is there any possibility to use the very fency user interface of xbmc over the Blu-Ray-Player or TV as well? I could not find any solution googleing. There were many entries about xbmc and dlna but no how to in which I found any information. Also in the youtube video tutorial I used I could not find any solution.

Thanks and best wishes,

Dirk
No,not possible
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for your fast response, that's a pitty.

Is there any app (my smart tv also supports dlna) to reach this goal or how would it be possible? Only by connecting a NAS/computer via hdmi wire?
you can only get the same interface by hooking up an HTPC running XBMC to your television.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Oh, I see. Ok, then I often thought about a home theater pc, perhaps I'll start that project by the way. I also could need it for backups, subversion, a database,...
If you do set up an HTPC, you'll be very glad you did :D

Check out our Hardware forum for various ideas ( http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=112 ). You can even get XBMC up and running on an inexpensive Raspberry Pi (wiki).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC interface on Philips BDP7750?0