Thumbs and artwork loading insanely slow...
I have searched the forums and found others who have had similar issues in the past, but none seemed quite the same, or they did not get good resolution.
Just recently, XBMC started taking a VERY long time to load thumbnails, poster art and fanart, even if the thumbs are stored locally (within an addon). If I wait for them to load up, they will load instantly the next time, but I have never experienced any kind of lag in caching thumbs and art like this. If I open up an addon that has 10 buttons on the main menu, it will take 15 minutes to cache those thumbnail images.
Anyone familiar with this issue and what causes it?
What other info should I give?
Would a log file help, and if so what would I need to do when creating the file to get you the most info?
Debug logs are very useful, in the fact that not only do they give time elements for each operation sequentially, but gives error messages as it build the log. Usually the top of the log includes data like the type of O/S, some of the hardware, version of XBMC and the skin with a listing of some of the add-ons etc. Just by turning on the debug, then replicate the action/issue the log should be very informative. Not so much with add-ons and loading up artwork within etc. most of this would be 3rd party support and really needs attention from the individual add-on forums. Try looking through the debug yourself and see what ails, nothing like a bit of self help to build confidence.

As a side note: I ran into some slow thumb issues a while back.... ended up in the thumbnail folder and sub folders C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\Thumbnails looking at hundreds of thumbnails (I'm resolving them as images) only to find each folder contained a small percentage of thumbnails that were corrupt (e.g. not resolving as images). Deleting these brought a lot of the smoothness and speed back to my system. I'm unsure how these images get corrupted, but overtime I have the odd crash and it looks like there is some debris formed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Thumbs and artwork loading insanely slow...0