Having problems with kitkat install
I have Android 4.4 installed on an ATT HTC One and am having issues with XBMC installation. I have tried the latest public release as well as the latest monthly release and the latest available nightly. All of them appear to install correctly but when I start the screen goes through the initial start up and then Android shows that XBMC has stopped working. Has anyone else had this issue? I am still using the Dalvik runtimes and haven't seen any other issues. Thanks in advance.
UPDATE::::::::
I have found the culprit in my issues and have a word of wisdom for everyone. My issue was caused by a third party app that purports to allow you to "pimp" your device. One option is to install third party drivers to enhance audio and video. I foolishly installed these and it killed my XBMC. I reinstalled KITKAT and went through a checklist of apps until I came across this POS. My XBMC has installed and worked flawlessly. It streams movies and music from my network perfectly. Needless to say the "pimp" app was soon to be circling the drain.
Hope this helps someone else
Hi do you have a link for this ?
(2013-12-03, 12:39)mintymegflo Wrote: Hi do you have a link for this ?

I would appreciate the link to the latest xbmc 'daily' also.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/
(2013-12-04, 21:50)Kib Wrote: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/

Hi Guys
i am new to xbmc and installed it a few weeks ago with most things working ok. i am having problems with icefilms and the sky sports chns lately as they wont work,
what is this mirror list all about and if i download this file what do i do with it and will it cure my problems as i cant seem to connect to alot of the streams that i could get before ....script error etc flashes up whatever hat means...i know i am a novice so any advice would be appreciated....thanks in advance
Still cannot get the xmbc nightly to run on kitkat. Neither ART or davlik run successfully.

EDIT: OK, after an uninstall and reinstall I have it! Now for the plugin compatibility...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Having problems with kitkat install0