Keymap question
If I create a keyboard.xml and add the following line <g mod="ctrl">info</g> And then restart xbmc, technically, this would mean that pressing ctrl,g on my keyboard would launch the info screen, correct?

If so, why does this seem to function differently than pressing "i" in some scenarios?

For example, if I bring up the play/pause menu (in the Arctic skin mod) during full screen video, and then press the "I" key on my keyboard, the menu switches over to from play/pause to "info" OSD... however if I do the same thing, but instead of pressing the "i" button as described above, I press our new keymap (Ctrl,g) the same event does not occur? The play pause menu disappears but does not display the "info" screen as displayed when pressing "I" above.

Is there a fundamental difference in how xbmc translates the keyboard.xml version of "info" to pressing they "I" key directly on the keyboard?

This can be reproduced on all of my windows xbmc 12.2 installations.

This can be verified by adding the above line to a keyboard.xml and restarting xbmc and trying to use the ctrl,g keys to display the info OSD from the play/pause menu.

Don't get me wrong, pressing ctrl,g WILL bring up the info OSD if you press it, BUT if you press the keymap while the play/pause menu is on display it will not function the same as when you press the "I" (info) key directly?

Can anyone explain why this is?
Cheers Smile
Add your new shortcut combination under <FullscreenVideo> also. You can also search the keyboard.xml file to find where <i> is defined.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Keymap question0