"Best" Android Development Environment Versions (ubuntu, NDK, JDK, JRE, etc)
(2013-12-17, 12:56)Memphiz Wrote: Well thats the problem with devs which are not familiar with unix. Of course the default location of /opt/ is silly. But for getting this right i would need to change all those locations to something like /home/<yourusername>/android-dev or so. And i was really just to tired to explain what /home/<yourusername> means and stuff.

Sorry but this whole readme is not really ment to be followed by unexperienced people. This is the case for all platforms. And maintaining the README in a way that it would be self descriptive enough to be followed by users (i know you are not a user ... just as an example here) is just really time demanding task.

I know we are lacking behind with our readmes most of the time. Feel free to adapt the README in a way you think it fits and hand me a patch (yeah thats the sentence nobody wants to here - i know).

PS: for the opt dir i would have created a subdir "android-dev" which i would have chown'ed to the user i am building under - and then point anything to that subdir. Doing this would prevent the need of sudo.
Im happy to send a pull request through for the readme... It's 99% there anyway now after your updates. My main concern was whether what I have highlighted are correct additions/corrections or whether something is wrong with my setup. Eg is the --system addition to the arm toolchain correct? What about that invalid git submodule, should it just be removed from readme? regarding the build-tools is there a better way to install them without needing to do a list --extended to get the full version number name

subdir under opt sounds good, I will build another machine with that approach.

Unfortunately I am still stumped on the arm build issue. Ive setup a 2nd VM from scratch and run into the same compile problem. Thought it might be a recent commit so I did a git checkout of a reasonable while ago but get the same problem. Meanwhile jenkins build system is building the latest OK it seems, so I do think it's something with my (2) setups now unfortunately...

This is the error i get on the "make" step for xbmc under arm architecture. The bootstrap, configure and make step in the /tools/depends directory, plus the make -C tools/depends/target/xbmc in the xbmc-android directory all succeeded prior to this with no errors output... but the actual xbmc make gets this:
Code:
LD      libxbmc.so
/opt/arm-linux-androideabi-4.8-vanilla/android-14/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.8/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: error: xbmc/cores/DllLoader                     /exports/exports.a(emu_dummy.o): incompatible target
emu_msvcrt.cpp:332: error: undefined reference to 'not_implement'
emu_msvcrt.cpp:337: error: undefined reference to 'not_implement'
emu_msvcrt.cpp:374: error: undefined reference to 'not_implement'
emu_msvcrt.cpp:442: error: undefined reference to 'not_implement'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libxbmc.so] Error 1

As I said, x86 is working ok, arm is getting the above error. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Messages In This Thread
RE: "Best" Android Development Environment Versions (ubuntu, NDK, JDK, JRE, ... - by scarecrow420 - 2013-12-17, 15:32
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Best" Android Development Environment Versions (ubuntu, NDK, JDK, JRE, etc)0