5.1 FLAC Movie audio only plays stereo
According to that log everything is fine and XBMC is sending LPCM 5.1 to the HDMI out.

Are you sure you haven't got some Listening Mode or other setting engaged on the Denon forcing stereo output? Does the receivers front panel display show what channels it's receiving? and in what format? It should show something like MULTI CH IN
After playing around with the "sound mode" buttons on the receiver, I managed to get it to start displaying Multi Ch In when playing the FLAC files. I had it set to Pro Logic CII, which would always just be changed as soon as a file that was DTS, DOLBY, or DTS HD was played. Apparently the FLAC files work differently. If the FLAC files are changing the display to MULTI CH IN, does that sound like it is working properly?
Yes and that's what I said at post #9.
Thanks for everyone's help. I really appreciate it.
(2013-12-18, 22:13)Wakeboarder141 Wrote: After playing around with the "sound mode" buttons on the receiver, I managed to get it to start displaying Multi Ch In when playing the FLAC files. I had it set to Pro Logic CII, which would always just be changed as soon as a file that was DTS, DOLBY, or DTS HD was played. Apparently the FLAC files work differently. If the FLAC files are changing the display to MULTI CH IN, does that sound like it is working properly?

Look at the front panel display on the AVR, normally it will show the speaker layout being received, or maybe there's some info button on the remote, however if you've now got it showing MULTI CH IN more than likely ok now.
There is a status button on the front of the receiver that when pressed while playing the file shows "Format: 3/2/.1"
So that confirms everything is ok then as that's your 5.1 of front 3, rear 2, subwoofer 1 Smile
Awesome, thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
5.1 FLAC Movie audio only plays stereo0