[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Folks:

Some good news. I seem to have found a work-around that'll allow at least some modding of Linux/XBMC.

Mostly, I wanted to do mods to the default skin, Confluence, but it was in the read only area of the file system. I noticed that a new skin would install in writable area on 'root/.xbmc/', but I didn't want to have to change from the default skin.

So, what I did was I downloaded the latest version of Confluence from GitHub and installed from the System/Addons it as a .zip file:

https://github.com/uNiversaI/skin.conflu...v2.1.5.zip

Now, Confluence resides in:

Code:
root/.xbmc/addons/skin.confluence-2.1.5/

The screen went black when I installed it from a .zip file under 'System/Addons' but pressing the 'Back' key brought it back to normal.

To test whether it was active or not, I used Putty to 'cd' to the Sound folder. I then used the 'mv' command to rename two sound files. These are the one that bracket every error message XBMC throws at you: Bink... Bonk! So, instead of being .wav files, I changed the extensions to .off.

My Sound folder looks like this now:

Code:
[root@MX sounds]# ls
back.wav     cursor.wav   out.off      sounds.xml
click.wav    notify.off   shutter.wav

The '.off' files are ignored by the skin as non-existent and I don't have to hear those annoying error sounds. I do like the click and select sounds though, otherwise I would have just shut the sounds off altogether.

It's not much, but at least any skin related mods can be done now.

tinker

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-02-15, 05:47
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5