[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
I would love to turn my ATV1200 into a dedicated XBMC box, getting rid of Android (The Android version always loses my skin settings in XBMC). Hence I'd like to shift to the Linux version with XBMC, even though I am a complete Linux Noob.

Here is the embarassing bit. I can't get past the first stage of the instruction listed in the first post, even though I have tried both the installation methods listed in the first post of this thread.

1. When I try and install the XDA Linux XBMC version, I can boot into Recovery mode, and see the screen see you pictured in the first image in post #211 of this thread. There is no "Install from EXT" option on that screen, as you can see in Superfreak79's picture. If I do select "apply update (*.img)" from that screen, I can then navigate to Udisk, but having done so, it does not find the MX_LINUX_PRERC2-TEST1-STVMX-update.zip file, even though the usb stick with this file in the root directory has been inserted in the ATV1200. Even if I rename the file to .img (not .zip), the box still does not see the file on the usb stick.

2. When I try and install the Geniatech Linux XBMC version, I cannot get the box to do the blank-screen update described with the requisite files on an SD card inserted into the box. I can get into the recovery screen as described above, but even after holding the reset button for 10 seconds, and leaving the box for several minutes, the box just doesn't do anything.

I am assuming the reset button on the rear of the ATV1200 functions as the "upgrade" button referred to in the instructions - I can't find any other button on the box.

Do I need to do something specific when formatting the SD card or USB stick in windows so they will work for this purpose?

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong here? Thanks for any help in advance.

One final question: is there any reason to prefer one of these linux XBMC version over the other?

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5