[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-01-21, 18:09)sonicov Wrote: Actually there is one thing I would like to change for ATV520E remote. The button with two "windows". Check picture below, the button next right to "home" button.

At first it didn't do anything, but I checked the code from dmesg, and mapped it now to work as the "info" button just to check how to get it mapped to something. So I added line:

Code:
    0x51 23        ;NOTIFICATION (like to change this to EPG)

Now it works as configured, but what would be correct code for letter "E", so I would get EPG? Any ideas?

ATV520E Remote

Thanks!

sonicov:

Guess what! I figured out the scancode for EPG!

Remote.conf uses standard keyboard keycodes. I found a table of them here:

http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-1.html

Using the table on this page, the keycode for 'e' is 0x12 in hex and 18 in decimal. Since the codes in the table are in hex, use the '0x' prefix so you don't have to convert.

So, the scancode for EPG in remote.conf looks like this:

Code:
    0x51 0x12    ;EPG

BTW: Could you tell me what remote's key code is for the 'Mouse' button? Since the mouse doesn't seen to work, I'd like to re-assign it.

Folks:

Using the scancode table in the link above, you can change the double window (or Mouse) button to anything a single XBMC keystroke can deliver, EPG is just one choice. Use the XBMC keyboard shortcuts table to find the command you want, match it up with the value in the scancode table, then insert that value into the remote.conf file.

I figured out another use for that double window button to the right of the home button. I changed it to:

Code:
    0x51 166        ;MEDIA_STOP

This is the 'Stop' command, so it'll stop any media playing. It saves two steps and adds a new function to the remote that is used a lot.

Code:
    0x51  164 MEDIA_PLAY_PAUSE

This command will toggle Play/Pause like the spacebar on a keyboard, another handy button to have.

Here's a table with many keycodes that match up with XBMC in decimal:

http://minixforums.com/threads/x7-modifi...post-33475

Not all of them line up, but the letters, numbers and symbols seem OK, but it should be enough to map most XBMC commands to the remote:

tinker

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-03-01, 08:38
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5