[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Folks:

I should point out how I noticed that the JynxBox version or Linux/XBMC was slow.

I have been using a 'Revamped' version of the default skin 'Confluence' for a while now. Aside from being revamped, this version has all of the user interface graphics (buttons, menus and such) in a folder instead of being compressed into a single file. Apparently, most XBMC skins use this method to speed things up a little but the files are in a format not easily modified.

When I installed this skin on the JynxBox version of Linux/XBMC, the user interface slowed right down, taking sometimes 10 seconds to switch screens, Videos and streaming still worked fine but it was otherwise unusable.

So, I switched over to the XDA version of Linux/XBMC and the new skin runs just as fast as the default.

The reason I'm using it is that because all the graphical skin elements are accessible in a folder, I can modify the graphics to make the skin more visually accessible.

Here's a link to a couple of posts that I wrote on this topic earlier in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1628051

I'm re-posting that link because since them, I've make more modifications, like changing the progress and scroll-bars to the same anber-yellow as the lettering in the 'info' view.

If anyone is interested in a subtlety more easily visible skin for any version of XBMC, let me know and I'll post instructions in a separate thread.

tinker

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by tinker - 2014-04-24, 19:15
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5