[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-06-12, 16:50)bobones Wrote: Sorry, don't know about 720p being locked in, but I don't think true 1080p is possible with this box. Is the 520e the one with broadcom wireless and not yet supported in the kernel?

I've just uploaded a new Ilia build which has the stock Gotham 13.1 splash page, a hopefully more useful remote.conf and the boxik update service removed. I also built this with a 3 xbmc patches from Corey's repo relating to remote/keyboard that Ilia hadn't merged into to his repo and included Ilia's boxik skin (default is still confluence). Please bear in mind that this is completely untested so flash at your own risk!

Edit: Withdrawn link because remote.conf ain't right!

Hi Bobones,

Yes it is capable of doing 1080p without a problem i have done it in Android and a couple of version of the linux-xbmc. Even tried a early dualcore linux -xbmc from Geniatech out there. All are capable of changing to 1080p. Just this version is locked. Dont know why.

Yes it is possible this has the broadcom wireless. However there must be a way as Geniatech had the wireless working in the 520e but they have had their settings done in the System settings and not program addons. maybe someone can strip out the code they used and put it in a program addon that is current been used

Is it possible for you to remove the all the addons. Users cant remove then and they are locked in.

Cheers

Update: I went in to System setting then into System to check the resolution again. the 720P was not greyed out anymore but it locks up for a while. you can press the remote to move and nothing happens. They after about 10secs of pressing. it moves then stops again. So it seems there is a problems that i missed before.

Cant wait for the fixes. Smile

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by Spada Spud - 2014-06-13, 02:36
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5