[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Sorry Spada Spud I should have said. It is the Geniatech version dated 2nd Jan 2014 and is Version 2 on the first page of this long thread.

That is of course my opinion as I am sure others may differ but to me this has been the best as it works like a dream and is very stable on both ATV1200 and 520 boxes I have used it on. Audio works in AC3 and DTS Dolby Digital to my Denon home theatre perfectly and with Macbeth1975's WiFi easy fix it supports switching to and from WiFi for both the ATV1200 and ATV520 boxes too.

Bobones just to confirm I am trying to use the HDMI passthrough audio with AC3 and DTS sound source content and whatever I do it just causes the very loud staccato crackling, and the Denon does not even auto switch to Dolby D or DTS. Cannot be hardware as the same box works fine with Frodo 12.3 so something changed since Frodo 12.4 and still there in Gotham.

Sure I can use the Toslink FO cable and configure my Denon to receive digital audio on that link but it then is not what I wanted as the HT does not auto recognise DD or DTS then. Just would love it working as well as it did with Frodo 12.3 and before. Please can someone confirm they also get this surround sound problem too with their Home Theatre units Huh As you would expect the problem occurs with ANY DD or DTS source content whether streamed or from a file on my system.

Also BoBone not having any audio sync problem with your new 13.1 Corey compile. Been testing out with various content both HD and SD content streamed and from files on my system. Also so far I have only had one lock-up with 13.1 and that was internet drop-out related. Usually I have only ever had audio sync problems with either poor internet streaming or from a corrupt file I am trying to play. This new Corey build and you excellent compile is awesome AFAIC, other than the AC3/DTS audio passthrough problem and ATV520 WiFi the others I listed are only minor issues.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices - by raymw - 2014-06-14, 06:44
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5