[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-07-01, 08:08)j1nx Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 22:38)bobones Wrote: This looks a decent build, but as with all of these MX_LINUX builds (including Frodo), I find the box freezes when idle after a while.

Is this really a frozen box or XBMC F$cking about? When you have it, can you test if you can still SSH in and do "stuff"? (grabbing the log / restarting XBMC / etc)
It's a frozen box as far as I can tell: no response from ping, ssh or remote. The only thing that gets it going is holding down the front power button until it switches off and restarting it. This happens almost every night: i.e., I go to bed with the box left on and in the morning it's unresponsive or maybe when I get home from work. I've seen this behaviour with every MX Linux version I've tried from Corey's V1.0 release to my own builds of the latest code (on 2 different boxes), but it was never a problem with Android. I'm in Scotland so the ambient temperatures are not all that high! If there is anything I can do to help debug this then please let me know.

@raymw This is excellent news. At last we have full HD XBMC on these boxes. It's a shame you still have problems with passthrough and 520 wireless, but for most ATV1200 users the box is now working almost perfectly with the latest Croniccorey builds.Only these periodic freezes are a minor irritation for me now.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by bobones - 2014-07-01, 11:18
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5