[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-07-16, 12:09)conradvo Wrote: Hi thanks to the xda team for the superb version of 13.1 work like a dream an atv520e two questions
ssh does not alow me to log in with username root / password letmein what is it ?
is ther a fix for the wifi that does not get detected

Not yet as the 520 box uses a Broadcom WiFi system which is not compatible at this time with the Network WiFI Manager utility that comes with Linux Frodo 12.4 and all the Linux Gotham builds. I understand that the developers know about this an dare working on it. This is the most urgent fix needed to Linux Gotham builds IMHO as the rest is pretty much rock solid now and what small problems there are are related to the third party add-on developers making their scripts fully compatible with Gotham, though in all fairness most of these add-ons work brilliantly with the latest Gotham builds.

For this WiFI reason I generally do not use Frodo 12.4 or Gotham Linux builds on my 520 boxes but stay with the very nice stable Linux Frodo 12.3 of 2nd January 2014. I then use the simple two minute MacBeth1975 fix to enable WiFi / Wired switching to work properly at long last and thus I personally recommend this Frodo 12.3 build on all the ATV520 boxes for now. See my earlier post in this thread #544 as to how to simply carry out this MacBeth1975 WiFi fix should you go back to Linux Frodo 12.3 on your 520 box. This fix cannot be used on Linux with Frodo 12.4 or any of the Gotham builds as they now exclusively use the WiFI Manager add-on program pre-installed with the compiled builds. So for 520 boxes unless you really do not ever need teh facility to switch to a WiFi connection, then for me Gotham can wait until this Broadcom WiFi issues is fixed.

You could get an ATV1200 box as these are very nice indeed with 4 USB ports and lots of extra connectivity if you need it, and importantly not much more expensive than the ATV520 boxes. The ATV1200 boxes do not use Broadcom WiFi so are 100% compatible with the latest Linux Gotham builds which use the integrated Network WiFI Manager. I primarily use a Sumvision Cyclone X2, which is of course an ATV1200 box too, and of course use it with the latest Linux Gotham 13,1 build, excellent combo that works brillaintly.
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by raymw - 2014-07-17, 07:29
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5