[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
Hi Auxbox

Just used the 13th October 13.2 compile (item 1 on the home page of this thread GO2Ref) ) to try it out as have been using the 20th August 13.2 compile for some weeks now (still with true full 1080 HD). Have had a few crashes with that August version though not many so wanted to try the latest available. All seems very solid but do not know what if anything has been changed ?? Have not got a ATV520 box at the moment to test if the Broadcom issue is fixed yet but not seen any reference to it being fix as yet.

The main reason for this post is I am not very keen on the opening boot up screen. First I get a half screen of corrupted random dots of colours then I get the simple black screen with the central welcome to Kodi logo. The logo is fine but a very bland screen and missing the XBMC Gotham welcome screen and the briefly displayed version 13.2 similar screen I used to get too. Is it possible to have a latest build that leaves me the attractive red and black XBMC Gotham boot up screens as per the August compile with or without the briefly displayed 13.2 version screen too if possible?? BTW when shutting down I used to get a black screen with the MX Linux shutting down text now I get a plain glaring bright white screen which is not as nice at all.

The original XBMC Gotham boot up screen is so much better looking IMHO and is more appropriate as this latest October Gotham 13.2 compile is of course still XBMC after all. Or maybe we will get an attractive eye catching Kodi boot screen later but this would surely be better left until we get a final release of Kodi Helix 14.0.

As always Auxbox thanks a load for your great work here, I am simply glad to be able to offer any testing help you may need form time to time and impart any improvement and helpful ideas I may have too.:Smile
Cheers
Raymw

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by raymw - 2014-10-31, 10:26
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5