[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-11-21, 07:40)raymw Wrote:
(2014-11-21, 06:47)vvd214 Wrote: @AuXBoX: Please Disable Weather Underground Add-on when compile next version, It broken, and alway show messeges to disable in startup

Yes that would be useful unless it is expected to be updated soon and work again, but it has been down for quite a long time now. I use Yahoo! Weather (available in the XBMC.Org repository) which works excellently though less detailed information is available it does work well and shows in the top left hand corner of your home screen, if enabled in Appearances of course.

I have a theory about the crashes with 13.2 folk experience especially when the box is left powered on idle. This is with the ATV1200 box, but tried it with a 520 box (still no WiFi working with 13.2) and that is the same. I noticed in System Info, and just by touch too, that they get very hot with Linux Gotham 13.2 which they certainly did not do with Linux Frodo 12.3 and earlier. I believe these boxes may crash in idle because of too much heat being built up.

So the question is, is there something running in the background not easy to see that is causing the cpu to continue working hard, rather than ticking over idle?? As that would of course almost certainly cause this overheating problem that likely causes the occasional crashes As I say this is only a theory, so AuxBox, or anyone else here in the know, can I ask whether you have you any ideas if this indeed could be the case ? If it is so then maybe it is an easy fix.

I have noticed same thing on ATV400 (13.2) haven't tested Frodo build, after playback the temp on ATV400 is around 121-123 °C but if left in idle mode the temp rises to 132 °C after a while and then box freezes, if i manage to play something in the meanwhile the temp drops again to around 120°C. Regarding to Wi-Fi on ATV400 works perfectly after enable in Wi-Fi manager.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by fallen83 - 2014-11-21, 09:59
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5