[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes
(2014-12-02, 11:16)Kenco Wrote: Thanks for your help xbmcdoc. I'll try to use my very limited knowledge to mount the drive via SSH but I might need guidance on this Blush certainly cclonline seems the cheapest place to get them in the UK and is where I got mine. Currently they only have one in their main stock at 48.60 GBP and 6 being sold as open box or clearance items at 44.60 GBP. The first one I bought had to be returned because of a noisy fan. The replacement has been fine. If you do find a workaround for my problem I shall be forever grateful.

Since writing the above I have tried to mount the drive with SSH but unless I'm completely stupid (quite possible) the drive does not show up with the fdisk -l command. Tried different drives with same result, so I have no idea how to go further

Any luck with the mount?

Thanks for the info.

Workaround:
I successfully mounted an external USB under Geniatech Frodo and then I can restarted XBMC in to Gotham 13.2. Works great and is fastest MX box I have ever used since the USERDATA runs off the harddrive. Trying to figure out how this method can be applied to any linux build. That way the user can choose their preferred build. I am still under the Geniatech build as it same come codec I prefer.

Once I figure out how to duplicate my work I will upload the files. Cost me two six-packs of beer to get my friend that knows programming to get this far Smile Will try for another pack for the rest of the coding.

Messages In This Thread
Falling at the first hurdle - by malcolmbarr - 2014-02-16, 16:17
TVHeadend hangs at channel switch - by vvd214 - 2014-08-29, 09:20
RE: [HOW TO] XBMC Linux on Geniatech Devices incl. Gotham Builds - by xbmcdoc - 2014-12-03, 19:40
. - by jon4248 - 2015-05-23, 17:00
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] KODI Linux on Amlogic TV Boxes5